P1000 Anyone remove the rear roll bar...

T

TahoeMike

Feb 25, 2020
West Sacramento, California
Ownership

1. Talon X
...on a Pioneer 1000-5? I really prefer the looks of the 1000. I know the rear roll bar can be removed. I'll be using it 99% of the time with the back seats down. And if I do have passengers I could put the rack on, or only use it in very smooth situations. Could also put the smaller roof on it saving a few bucks. Would like input from others who've done or thought of this.

Reactions: Backwoods
ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
...on a Pioneer 1000-5? I really prefer the looks of the 1000. I know the rear roll bar can be removed. I'll be using it 99% of the time with the back seats down. And if I do have passengers I could put the rack on, or only use it in very smooth situations. Could also put the smaller roof on it saving a few bucks. Would like input from others who've done or thought of this.
Coulda saved more than a few bucks by just buying the 3.
If you remove the rear rops make sure you remove the “You Are Gonna Die labels” to keep it legit....

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Yes it can be done. I've seen a couple of them on here and I've bought a couple of rear cages from people that have done it.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Like @TripleB said, got a buddy that did it and still has it that way with his 16’. But you better check with your Commies there in Kalifornia, they might frown of you doing that and say it will cause cancer!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I planed on doing this from the get go, even had the P1-3 roof installed, went riding a couple times while it was raining, every thing got soaked in the bed and I learned the value of the full length ROP on off camber trails, trees are your friends in these cases. So I sold the P1-3 roof and bought a P1-5 roof, left the rear ROPs on and been rubbing trees ever since.

Reactions: Backwoods
T

TahoeMike

Feb 25, 2020
West Sacramento, California
Ownership

1. Talon X
Appreciate all the responses. I think I’ll just leave it as is and put on the full size black poly roof. A bit more awkward looking but I won’t have to store the big ROPS tubing.

Reactions: NorthernJoe

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!