P500 Anyone running these tires

p500fan

p500fan

Lifetime Member
Mar 30, 2015
Sand Point, AK
I have installed a new set of 26"x11"R-14" Kenda BearClaws on my rig. Replacing the 27"x11"R-14" Sedona Ripsaws that have served me so well for the last 4,700 miles. Some observations: The BearClaws are much lighter, even though rated at 8 ply, versus the 6ply rating for the RipSaws. Everyone keeps saying that the Ripsaws run small, but they are still larger bald than the NEW BearClaws. (The tread depth on the RipSaws is listed @ 1.25") Finally, the new BearClaws were MUCH harder to mount than the RipSaws, or ANY other tire that I have ever mounted on a rim. (Just 2 weeks ago, I mounted a set of 27" SwampLites for a buddy in 30-40 minutes, Took me 3+ hours to mount these boogers. No sidewall flex at all.) They are MUCH more quiet than the Ripsaws, but all worn tires are loud, and they seem to give the P500 a more "carlike"-type ride. I hope they last as well, or better, than my RipSaws. Only time will tell. I haven't taken them through the swamps, or up the mountains yet, so I'm not sure how they will stack up, performance-wise, in extreme conditions. For general daily driving, however, they seem to be an excellent choice thus far.

Reactions: Rustell and trigger
Buford

Buford

May 9, 2016
U.S.A.
Lol man I just got my bighorn 2.0 in I debated and debated then just spent the extra money lol View attachment 40683

The Bighorn 2.0's aren't bad looking tires, just hear many people say they don't have stiff enough sidewalls for a SxS. And another popular tire, the Kenda Bearclaw HTR, isn't SxS rated, only considered an ATV tire.
But I know the P500 is not much more than an ATV, and lighter tires are probably sufficient.

Reactions: trigger and Curtis
JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
I got them from Amazon . I'm looking forward to getting out on the trail with these.. Amazon.com: Full set of Kenda Bear Claw HTR Radial (8ply) 26x9-12 and 26x11-12 ATV Tires (4): Automotive

Hey Rustell, how are the Bear Claws doing and are they true to size? Meaning height and width are as stated, well at least not undersized? I've not been out much as it's been an historic dry summer so far with extreme forest fire hazards and we've got some pretty big forest fires going in my area so have been reluctant to go out. South central part of the province is getting it hard.
Interested in your experience with these tires.
Thanks,

j

R

Rustell

Hey Rustell, how are the Bear Claws doing and are they true to size? Meaning height and width are as stated, well at least not undersized? I've not been out much as it's been an historic dry summer so far with extreme forest fire hazards and we've got some pretty big forest fires going in my area so have been reluctant to go out. South central part of the province is getting it hard.
Interested in your experience with these tires.
Thanks,

j
I agree with you about our dry weather...right now we are seeing a lot of smoke coming down here from forest fires in BC. The Bear Claws run true to size. What impressed me the most was how smooth they are . The ride is so much more comfortable than the stockers. And of course,being on the P5, they get you anywhere you want to go.

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
I agree with you about our dry weather...right now we are seeing a lot of smoke coming down here from forest fires in BC. The Bear Claws run true to size. What impressed me the most was how smooth they are . The ride is so much more comfortable than the stockers. And of course,being on the P5, they get you anywhere you want to go.

Good to know about the Bear Claw HTR's thinking I'll try some. Kinda torn between 26x11x12 and the 27x11x12s right now running AMS Slingshots in 26x11x12 on all corners and they have been an awesome tire for 4000 Kms (3k miles) and are just over 50% left. If you bought again would you do 26 or 27 in diameter? I'm leaning towards 27's...
Thank again

j

fuimus

fuimus

May 30, 2017
WNY
Ownership

1. 500
I bought Rip-Saw I was considering these tires but what turned me off was tread depth. Non-directional tread pattern with 1/2" tread depth

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
I bought Rip-Saw I was considering these tires but what turned me off was tread depth. Non-directional tread pattern with 1/2" tread depth

The Kenda Bearclaw HTR is directional, tread depth is 7/8" according to spec sheet and weigh 31.4 lbs for 27 by 11 by 12s. I'm also wanting a lighter tire compared to the AMS Slingshots I have now. They where 30 lbs per corner heavier than stock (tire and rim), running a 5-2 12" after markets rims.

A

ATVGuru

Mar 7, 2018
Missouri
Ownership

1. Other Brand
26x9-12 26x11-12 KT Mass Fx big TIRE SET FOUR ATV TIRES SIX PLY

They are on Amazon anyone know anything about them?

View attachment 40055

Hey Curtis! I am currently running them on my ATV right now. While they aren't all that well known, they have proven to be fantastic tires! Took them to Colorado with me over the summer and did some riding up in the mountains and they did not have any problems at all.

I found their website so hopefully, this will answer any questions you have.

MASSFX

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!