Anyone shoot competitively?

S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
USPSA, F Class, Trap, Skeet, Sporting Clays, Bullseye?

Kinda missing shooting Long range F Class. Been shooting USPSA for about 2 years now.

Reactions: Ragnar406 and sharp
S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Camp Butner? North State Shooting Club always has a great 600 yard weekend in the fall.

600 yard FTR was how I got started.

Reactions: sharp
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Camp Butner? North State Shooting Club always has a great 600 yard weekend in the fall.

600 yard FTR was how I got started.

Talladega CMP, I was getting 1MOA groups with 556 at 600 and calm breeze, picked up the “hottest caliber of 2018” 6.5 Creedmoor at the suggestion of a 13 year Army Sniper, and am going to try my hand at it.

Last edited:
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

Kinda missing shooting Long range F Class. Been shooting USPSA for about 2 years now.
I can't afford it, I own a Pioneer and want a new bow, I like shooting a bow, you just go get your amo after you've shoot and reuse, over and over, try that with a rifle in the F Class, bet you couldn't find the first round in a month, HA!

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Up until this year I was active in USPSA and 3 gun. I ran the local USPSA match for about 5 years here and stepped down last December as my son got to the age of having more activities. I originally purchased my Honda with intention of using it to primary to help set up my matches and use a 3 gun matches.
I am sure I will start back at some point but life too busy at current to put in the training routine required.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Up until this year I was active in USPSA and 3 gun. I ran the local USPSA match for about 5 years here and stepped down last December as my son got to the age of having more activities. I originally purchased my Honda with intention of using it to primary to help set up my matches and use a 3 gun matches.
I am sure I will start back at some point but life too busy at current to put in the training routine required.
Wise choice!! You can never get these years back!!!!

S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I kinda bought my Pioneer to access my private range. On a mountain accessible only by 4wd. Trying to climb the competitive ladder has taken a lot of training! Looking forward to next year in Open class and in PCC as well.

I might try to squeeze in a few long range matches. I also have to occasionally take the wife to shoot sporting clays.

My grandson is 4 and if he shows interest and a has a good head on his shoulders, he will be the next Jerry Miculek if I have anything to do with it! All of my sons shot long range , but life took over in their teens. Youngest shot a USPSA match with me this summer and wants to get started.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I kinda bought my Pioneer to access my private range. On a mountain accessible only by 4wd. Trying to climb the competitive ladder has taken a lot of training! Looking forward to next year in Open class and in PCC as well.

I might try to squeeze in a few long range matches. I also have to occasionally take the wife to shoot sporting clays.

My grandson is 4 and if he shows interest and a has a good head on his shoulders, he will be the next Jerry Miculek if I have anything to do with it! All of my sons shot long range , but life took over in their teens. Youngest shot a USPSA match with me this summer and wants to get started.
I hear NC area is really taking off with USPSA.. that matches fill up quickly there. I’ll actually be just north of Statesville this weekend for sisters wedding. Also went to Appstate.

elkaholic

elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Was on high school rifle team and trap team. Shot a chitload of IDPA and local CQB rifle matches in the early to mid 2000s when I lived in Columbus, GA. Miss those matches a lot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I hear NC area is really taking off with USPSA.. that matches fill up quickly there. I’ll actually be just north of Statesville this weekend for sisters wedding. Also went to Appstate.

They generally fill up same day for Rowan and the 4th Saturday at Spartanburg.

Reactions: sharp
S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
10 mm? Never knew there was a 10mm air rifle! What grain? That's a hunk of lead.

Reactions: JTW
S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Oak ridge has a great shooting scene! Basically my home range for both USPSA and F Class. Although it has been awhile since I have been on the 1000 yard line.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!