Are desert racing courses available to joy ride?

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I just spent a week at the KOH, 980 miles from the house. It’s a happening fer shur, a cross between Erzberg for bikes and burning man for hippies. Pit access wasn’t as open as I’d hoped, wanted to get up close and personal to the machines and metal fab, didn’t happen. I had also hoped the race teams would stick around Sunday to wind down and mingle with the remaining spectators, that didn’t happen either; Sunday morning the place emptied out like someone discovered the plague. :oops:

Don’t go if you want to ‘see’ the race, it’s much better seen from the Ultra4 YouTube streaming but the activity level is off the charts, almost non stop for the entire event.

G

GWH

Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2018
Las Vegas Nevads
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does anyone know if you can ride for fun courses such as the Mint 400 after racing is finished? That seems like it would be a blast.
All the desert races in nevada are on public land.So yes u can ride any of the courses.other than race days.They are usually whooped out and beat to death.They have to go back regrade them to a point,within a month after the races.

Reactions: CID

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!