Are you going to cut back on travel due to high gas prices and inflation?

Are you going to cut back on travel due to high gas prices and inflation?

• Yes

• No

• Not if it gets any higher

• Keeping already planned trips but that's it

Results are only viewable after voting.
waynester

waynester

Feb 19, 2022
Ga, USA
Ownership

1. 520
Just tonight received new 5 gal gas can and spout kit ( no gadget, idiot proof kind) from Amazon. Now that I will not be pouring gas on ground while looking for 3rd hand to read safety gas spout double safety 2 page safety instructions . My fuel efficiently and ride time should greatly improve.

J

JAL

Nov 22, 2020
Medford, OR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just tonight received new 5 gal gas can and spout kit ( no gadget, idiot proof kind) from Amazon. Now that I will not be pouring gas on ground while looking for 3rd hand to read safety gas spout double safety 2 page safety instructions . My fuel efficiently and ride time should greatly improve.
IMG 1559

This system works well for me.

onecreeper

onecreeper

May 21, 2021
Kansas City, MO
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hell NO. FJB. These green energy MFs can kiss by backside. Dumbocrats should stop blaming everyone else for their own stupidity and failed policies. Just waiting to see how many are proud they voted for the fool now when it costs them so much more for food, gas living expenses....Oh, thats right, Joe said it was a price to "Defend Democracy". #JustGOAWAYBrandon.

Dezrik

Dezrik

Follow me for adventure!
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2018
MOAB, Utahhhhhhhh
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I will more then likely travel less, My paycheck doesn't go up with inflation unfortunately. The only good thing I got going for me is we have miles and miles of trails locally I love to ride. Ive got a few moab trips plan, pioneer takeover, a Arizona/Nevada/Southern Utah Trips, Probably won't put more on the books unless I get a invite LOL.

R

Ross55

Jul 14, 2020
Dassel, MN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It's a shame. Illinois is similar to PA. Most of the people in the state are outside of the cities - farms, rural areas, etc. Unfortunately Philly and Pittsburgh have more influence than the rural areas. Much like Illinois having to deal with Chicago politics controlling so much. Southern Illinois is nothing like northern Illinois!
Just like Mn the cities of Mpls/St Paul ruin it for the rest of us!!

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
My wife and I had this discussion while vacationing in Florida last week.

We are planning a trip to Centennial to ride somewhere we have never been.
If we drive from our home in Omaha to Centennial Wy and back, we are looking at roughly 1,110 miles.
My Defender pulling the P520 gets about 15mpg.
1,110 divided by 15 =74 gallons roughly.
74 x 4.39 (gas price locally) = $324.86
Even if gas goes up to $6.39 the total goes up to $472.86

I know this gets a bit expensive, but in reality, if my wife and I go out for dinner and have drinks or a bottle of wine, we easily get to $150 with a tip... And I think about all of the parts I have added to my P520 to make it trail worthy as well as a work horse. For us to enjoy getting out and seeing something different, I am willing to pay a little extra.

The bonus is: the high fuel prices might keep others at home which means less people to deal with.

Rob

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!