P1000 Attaching front emblem???

Smidgy

Smidgy

May 10, 2017
New Brunswick
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I slipped on some ice this winter and put my hand on the front of my pioneer to catch myself. This resulted in a completely destroyed front emblem. Trust me, don't do that. So I ordered the emblem and it came in, but it only has straight pins with no attaching mechanism on them, and the grill has corresponding holes but again no attaching mechanism...put the emblem in and she just falls back out.....so anyone know what I am missing???

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I slipped on some ice this winter and put my hand on the front of my pioneer to catch myself. This resulted in a completely destroyed front emblem. Trust me, don't do that. So I ordered the emblem and it came in, but it only has straight pins with no attaching mechanism on them, and the grill has corresponding holes but again no attaching mechanism...put the emblem in and she just falls back out.....so anyone know what I am missing???
Look at the parts diagram. I believe they are held in with speed nuts. Should be able to get them from a local Honda Car dealer.

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You are looking for part number #11 in the diagram. Looks like 4 of them and they say 3mm. Maybe could source some locally. 1/8" or even #6 might be close.

Upload 2019 5 1 8 6 51

ericwilson54

ericwilson54

Apr 9, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Smidgy, were you able to finish this job? Only the A is torn from my OEM emblem. I cannot figure out how/where to get my hands in behind the grill properly remove the broken emblem. It sounds like I'll need my hands back in there to attach the speed nuts as well.​

ericwilson54

ericwilson54

Apr 9, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Smidgy, were you able to finish this job? Only the A is torn from my OEM emblem. I cannot figure out how/where to get my hands in behind the grill properly remove the broken emblem. It sounds like I'll need my hands back in there to attach the speed nuts as well.​

I got lucky and found the speed nut and broken stem. The stem on the back of the emblem is right at 1/8" (~3.1mm).

IMG 8529

ericwilson54

ericwilson54

Apr 9, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have not found any good YouTube videos that show how to access the back of the grill. Will I have to disassemble the top cover of the bike to obtain access?

Reactions: Lady01
advertisement