Attaching lower front mud flaps.

F

fartsalot

Jun 11, 2019
Near the Kansas Nascar race track
Ownership

1. Talon X
I constructed my own mud flaps for my rear fenders and upper front fenders and now I want to do the same for the lower part of the front fenders.

With the other fenders I had access to both sides but I do not have that option with the lower front. I can attach them with push pins is the only option I can think of. What has anyone else done in the same situation?

My fender extensions perform as expected and cost a total of appx 15 bucks for plastic and hardware and of course the enjoyment I had fiddling with my ride.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
push pins and screws for mud busters But .....
Since you made your own, it’s kinda hard For us to give you the proper advice without any pics of the situation at hand.

Reactions: BigOL3
Sheetmetalfab

Sheetmetalfab

Liberal kryptonite. truth and logic….
Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon X4
I just used lots of push pins on my lower front fender extensions. (Like 1” oc. )
53C56D02 6FFD 4D8A BD4C BC52BF01E302

Reactions: Mudwing and BigOL3
F

fartsalot

Jun 11, 2019
Near the Kansas Nascar race track
Ownership

1. Talon X
Thanks,,,
Yep I ended up using push pins for the front lower ones and with the upper ones I used stainless round head screws and a stainless washer with a nylon nut on the under side.

I cut the flaps out of sheet plastic and fit them to the fenders. The plastic comes down past the body work on the bottom and I may need to trim that part back if I find the plastic getting hung up on rocks etc.

Not all fancy and factory looking or looks like the store bought ones but the price was great spending 10 bucks on mud control. I like making my own stuff anyway.

Reactions: IdahoSxS

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!