ATTN Kentuckians or anyone else who may know.

Gunslingertom

Gunslingertom

Nov 25, 2018
SW Missouri Ozarks
Ownership

1. 700-2
I was looking for info about "Wilderness Trail Off-Road Park" as we really love this part of Kentucky, and found this article.
Does anyone know the status of this project? AND - does anyone know of any other places to ride, with RV park/camp ground near here or between here and Burkesville KY?

Reactions: sharp
Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I was looking for info about "Wilderness Trail Off-Road Park" as we really love this part of Kentucky, and found this article.
Does anyone know the status of this project? AND - does anyone know of any other places to ride, with RV park/camp ground near here or between here and Burkesville KY?
Dan's maps go to Cannon Creek Lake.

Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
IMG 1897

Doc-TEAMWAX

Doc-TEAMWAX

Nov 27, 2018
Wax, KY
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R
Blue Holler Off Road Park is near Mammoth Cave, KY. They allow RV's/campers, but no hookups yet. Planning for some in the near future.

Doc-TEAMWAX

Doc-TEAMWAX

Nov 27, 2018
Wax, KY
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R
I noticed you are from Monticello... Do you know if riding is still allowed in the Sunnybrook area? (KY/TN line) I use to do a lot of riding there but haven't been in about 8 years.
Of course unofficial parks/places to ride usually have various names, but I remember the area being called the Sand Mines.

Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Many still ride there. Been a couple years since I've been but I know people still ride there. Can't park at sandwich shop on 200 anymore. Most park at the bridges on Dry hollow road or over on black mountain road.

Waterfall below car hauler.

IMG 1001

Doc-TEAMWAX

Doc-TEAMWAX

Nov 27, 2018
Wax, KY
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R
Sand mines are close to the sandwich shop on 200
Yes. Old Hancock Grocery.... We always parked there. Maybe once at the bridge. I would like to go back, but don't want to get run off. LOL.. If you hear any updated info, that would be great.

Last edited:
Gunslingertom

Gunslingertom

Nov 25, 2018
SW Missouri Ozarks
Ownership

1. 700-2
OK, Mine Made Paradise Adventure Park is a bit farther than what I'm asking about, but have any of you been there? Looks pretty cool.

Doc-TEAMWAX

Doc-TEAMWAX

Nov 27, 2018
Wax, KY
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R
OK, Mine Made Paradise Adventure Park is a bit farther than what I'm asking about, but have any of you been there? Looks pretty cool.
I have been there a few years back. Really liked it. Planning to go again soon.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!