Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I purchased this hitch adapter from amazon:

Amazon.com: ATV Tek TMP1 Trio HD 1.25" Multi-Purpose Hitch with Ball Mount: Automotive

I bought it because I went to walmart to buy a simple adapter to put a ball in, and was surprised how expensive they are. I figured I'd pay about the same money and get this contraption...

Well, I immediately installed it upon receiving it. I didn't notice in the description, but it does come with the 1/2" pin and clip that you need - bonus! It also comes with a soft rubber or silicone wedge that you stick in with the adapter. The purpose is to keep the hitch from rattling. I've run about 20 miles of potthole ridden dirt roads, trails, and fields and haven't noticed one bit of noise from it. It looks kind of gimmicky, but it does work.

Now for the real test. I hooked up to a pull behind disc. It's about 5' wide - designed to be pulled with a 2" ball. My backyard takes up only a small amount of my property, the rest is just weeds that I brush hog a couple times a year. I have been meaning to work on smoothing out the field and expand the yard. I also have some large piles of stumps that need burned. I hooked on the disc and towed it to my house (up some very steep hills on the road - the P500 handled those easily with the added weight in tow). Flipped the disc so the business end was on the ground and started pulling. I made a fireline around one of the stump piles. The P500's low gear is perfect for pulling the disc - lots of torque, but not too fast that the disc hops around. I even put a large log on top of the disc to add weight and help dig better. You could definitely feel the disc pulling hard. Eventually, I spun out a couple times in 2WD so I put it in 4WD and kept rolling.

I was concerned that the hitch adapter would bend under the heavy towing, due to the design. To my surprise, it handled the abuse wonderfully - no bending at all. The paint is very heavy duty as well.

For $36.99 shipped the ATV Tek hitch adapter is an excellent accessory for the P500. I would highly recommend it if you don't have a hitch adapter yet for your machine!!

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
K

Kirkl

Jul 13, 2015
E. WA
thats pretty slick. I bought the 1.25 to 2 inch adapter at walmart only because a guy at work gave me a carrier shelf and its 2inch. Can still use my trucks hitches with that one.

O

oldfortyfive

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2015
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500
The ATV hitch was one of the first things I bought for my P500 :)
Works great, no issues.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I purchased this hitch adapter from amazon:

Amazon.com: ATV Tek TMP1 Trio HD 1.25" Multi-Purpose Hitch with Ball Mount: Automotive

I bought it because I went to walmart to buy a simple adapter to put a ball in, and was surprised how expensive they are. I figured I'd pay about the same money and get this contraption...

Well, I immediately installed it upon receiving it. I didn't notice in the description, but it does come with the 1/2" pin and clip that you need - bonus! It also comes with a soft rubber or silicone wedge that you stick in with the adapter. The purpose is to keep the hitch from rattling. I've run about 20 miles of potthole ridden dirt roads, trails, and fields and haven't noticed one bit of noise from it. It looks kind of gimmicky, but it does work.

Now for the real test. I hooked up to a pull behind disc. It's about 5' wide - designed to be pulled with a 2" ball. My backyard takes up only a small amount of my property, the rest is just weeds that I brush hog a couple times a year. I have been meaning to work on smoothing out the field and expand the yard. I also have some large piles of stumps that need burned. I hooked on the disc and towed it to my house (up some very steep hills on the road - the P500 handled those easily with the added weight in tow). Flipped the disc so the business end was on the ground and started pulling. I made a fireline around one of the stump piles. The P500's low gear is perfect for pulling the disc - lots of torque, but not too fast that the disc hops around. I even put a large log on top of the disc to add weight and help dig better. You could definitely feel the disc pulling hard. Eventually, I spun out a couple times in 2WD so I put it in 4WD and kept rolling.

I was concerned that the hitch adapter would bend under the heavy towing, due to the design. To my surprise, it handled the abuse wonderfully - no bending at all. The paint is very heavy duty as well.

For $36.99 shipped the ATV Tek hitch adapter is an excellent accessory for the P500. I would highly recommend it if you don't have a hitch adapter yet for your machine!!
Have had something like this in mind for a while, just hadn't stumbled across the right one. Just ordered this one. Thanks ehart!

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Reactions: ehart814
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Have had something like this in mind for a while, just hadn't stumbled across the right one. Just ordered this one. Thanks ehart!
I'm still trying to break it... No luck yet. ;)

Reactions: trigger
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Some prick stole my hitch yesterday. :(
Guess I have to order another one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S

Sledge

Won't stop a determined thief, but will stop a punk without tools.

For P500, I'd use a smaller lock.

Lost a boat at 50mph one time. Some punk had removed the clip while we were fishing. Made it 15 miles, and the boat went down a bank, through a barbed wire fence, and 30 yards into a pasture.

Just a few scratches from the wire.
Drove in hitched up, and
hunted up the rancher, and he was just grateful that we told him, so his cows didn't get out.

Locked my hitches ever since.

Joe

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4

Wow, now that really does stink.

advertisement
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Wow, now that really does stink.
Yeah no kidding. When I realized it was gone, we were all stopped at a bar. I did a quick look over on all the machines, but didn't notice it laying around. I suspect it was one of the riders, but being parked at a bar, it could have been anyone that walked by. I will be taking Joe's advice and locking it up from now on, along with whatever else I'm carrying for the ride. 90% of the time I'm riding locally with only close friends and family. It's the 10% when I'm riding with lots of people in new places that I need to be more careful.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Yeah no kidding. When I realized it was gone, we were all stopped at a bar. I did a quick look over on all the machines, but didn't notice it laying around. I suspect it was one of the riders, but being parked at a bar, it could have been anyone that walked by. I will be taking Joe's advice and locking it up from now on, along with whatever else I'm carrying for the ride. 90% of the time I'm riding locally with only close friends and family. It's the 10% when I'm riding with lots of people in new places that I need to be more careful.
I just run a plug and keep it in the toolbox unless I'm using it. Messing with a mans machine is pretty ballsy, I'm sure he'll get his down the road. Maybe ATV Tek will give you a frequent buyer discount. ;)

Reactions: Montecresto
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I heard that. If I had to bet, it wasn't one of the riders. But who knows. We work hard everyday to get what we have and some lazy a$$ comes along and steals it. Sorry that that happened to you.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I just run a plug and keep it in the toolbox unless I'm using it. Messing with a mans machine is pretty ballsy, I'm sure he'll get his down the road. Maybe ATV Tek will give you a frequent buyer discount. ;)
You got that right. Imagine if you came out of the bar and caught the guy in the act! It wouldn't be nothin nice..........for him. ;)

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
UNBELIEVABLE!!!!

Just ordered my THIRD one of these hitches!!!! My second one seems to have walked away. Ordered a locking pin this time, and I highly recommend getting one to prevent your hitch from disappearing!!!!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
UNBELIEVABLE!!!!

Just ordered my THIRD one of these hitches!!!! My second one seems to have walked away. Ordered a locking pin this time, and I highly recommend getting one to prevent your hitch from disappearing!!!!
$hit buddy, you ride with the outlaws lol.

Reactions: joeymt33
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
UNBELIEVABLE!!!!

KARMA....is a b****
wat goes around. ...
comes around....they
will get theres.....

advertisement