P500 ATV-Tek 3 way hitch adapter review

J

Jshell3

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
LOL.... I still can't believe that I've bought three of these things... So far, the locking pin has done it's job

Reactions: trigger and Jshell3
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
LOL.... I still can't believe that I've bought three of these things... So far, the locking pin has done it's job
I'm glad you posted this thread, I bought one and it's served me well and sits at just the right height.
Sorry to hear that others like yours so much ehart. Like I said before...
messing with another mans machine is pretty ballsy! :mad:

J

Jshell3

So. I bought two of these. One for my Dad and one for myself... Almost as many as you! HA.

Anyways, I DO want to go ahead w/ the locking hitch pin, but I can't tell which to get. Length, Diameter, Color, Rust??? Which did you buy? Is it still working, I mean, have you tried and unlock it? Mud and grime tend to muck up the lock works. But specifically, what is the SIZE HOLE should I go for? 5/8 or 1/2 ? For the pin... (I know the receiver itself is 1.25, not 2"). Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
advertisement
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
So. I bought two of these. One for my Dad and one for myself... Almost as many as you! HA.

Anyways, I DO want to go ahead w/ the locking hitch pin, but I can't tell which to get. Length, Diameter, Color, Rust??? Which did you buy? Is it still working, I mean, have you tried and unlock it? Mud and grime tend to muck up the lock works. But specifically, what is the SIZE HOLE should I go for? 5/8 or 1/2 ? For the pin... (I know the receiver itself is 1.25, not 2"). Thanks.
I'll never do another locking pin again. Put one on a truck years ago, went to hitch up and lock wouldn't release.
It fit so tight to the receiver that you couldn't just cut it off without hacking into the hitch.
It was a bully I think, wasn't cheap either. Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: Jshell3
J

Jshell3

I'll never do another locking pin again... wouldn't release... wasn't cheap either.
That's basically my thoughts after reading reviews today on TRUCKS... Much less ATV's. Where I KNOW conditions will be much worse.

Reactions: trigger
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
That's basically my thoughts after reading reviews today on TRUCKS... Much less ATV's. Where I KNOW conditions will be much worse.
Agreed. If it's to be left unattended, pull it and lock it in the rear rack box. I too had a combination lock on a truck once. It froze from corrosion and I had to beat it off using freon.

Reactions: Jshell3 and trigger
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Agreed. If it's to be left unattended, pull it and lock it in the rear rack box. I too had a combination lock on a truck once. It froze from corrosion and I had to beat it off using freon.
Well, I could've used that little tid bit of info...
definitely more subtle than the angle grinder I used!

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

U need a half inch pin. I bought one on Amazon that has a sleeve to go over so it can be used as 1/2" or 5/8". I'm not worried if the lock jams from mud. I will just cut the thing if I have to. Beats losing another hitch! The pin I bought has a plastic cover over the key hole. It has worked well so far, but I haven't ever removed the pin since o bought it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
U need a half inch pin. I bought one on Amazon that has a sleeve to go over so it can be used as 1/2" or 5/8". I'm not worried if the lock jams from mud. I will just cut the thing if I have to. Beats losing another hitch! The pin I bought has a plastic cover over the key hole. It has worked well so far, but I haven't ever removed the pin since o bought it.

Hadn't looked at this thread in a while ,but your hitch may have not been stolen,I put one on mine and the first day I had it on went for a ride with some friends, we stopped for a refreshment break and was showing it to a friend and realized the pin wasn't in it , a stick had apparently pulled the clip out and the pin fell out, another 5 minutes of riding I would have lost it.I solved the problem with a 1/2 bolt and a nylon lock nut

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4

Not ever removing mine is what caused it to rust/corrode up. But I agree, I'd rather cut it than loose it to another thief.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Hadn't looked at this thread in a while ,but your hitch may have not been stolen,I put one on mine and the first day I had it on went for a ride with some friends, we stopped for a refreshment break and was showing it to a friend and realized the pin wasn't in it , a stick had apparently pulled the clip out and the pin fell out, another 5 minutes of riding I would have lost it.I solved the problem with a 1/2 bolt and a nylon lock nut
That happened to mine before too, and like you I caught it before loosing it. I replaced it with a spring loaded clip pin. The bolt idea is simple and practical too!

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks for the post iowaguy, that makes more sense to me.
Now I'll get a better pin for mine. One with a hole in it for the clip.

iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Thanks for the post iowaguy, that makes more sense to me.
Now I'll get a better pin for mine. One with a hole in it for the clip.
That's what I had ,a pin with a hole in it, that's why I went with the 1/2 bolt and a lock nut.

advertisement