Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Sooo... what happens when you have another machine with you or change the load on the trailer for a trip? I don't dislike the idea... but it seems like it really limits flexibility.

Yes and no. Depending on the trailer you have. If your trailer only houses one machine, you don't have to worry about it. If your trailer is like mine that will hold multiple stuff and machines, you just place them in such a spot so other machines can be stamped down. Or you'll just have to improvise adapt and overcome a way to re position the machines you have and not use them at that point in time. There really not much in the way at all. I just used my trailer this weekend for some hauling. No problems with them in the way. I'll put up with them being there with the ease and security they give.

The right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
What about the underside ? Did you attach it to any metal or just run the bolts through the boards?

Through the floor boards are plenty efficient for our machines using the proper hardware.

Reactions: 100Acre and trigger
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Lol, thanks! Got them bolted up, loaded the machine, strapped it down, went to release them and had a hell of a time at first. Ended up having to push the little spring clip down with a screw driver. Maybe I had them too tight or something. They definitely hold the machine in place though.

Yup, when you go super tight it's a bit tuff to disengage the strap. She holds tight though!

Reactions: trigger
E

ebkoz

Feb 27, 2017
new jersey
I looked at the wheel chuck type die downs and wasn't sure if they were strong enough, being rated for max.1500 lbs. vehicles. I ended up going with an e-track system (rated at 2000 lbs.). Also, the e-track has the versatility to tie down just about anything. I will be using the trailer for a motorcycle and cargo when not carrying a SxS.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
What do you keep in the trailer tongue cage thing?

Straps when at the trailhead. It's open mesh so I don't carry a whole lot in it.

What about the underside ? Did you attach it to any metal or just run the bolts through the boards?

Just through the boards, 2x6 pressure treated. Used grade 8 bolts, 1 1/2" fender washers, lock washers and nylock nuts. The instructions called out the lock washers and nylon nuts.

Reactions: 100Acre
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Sooo... what happens when you have another machine with you or change the load on the trailer for a trip? I don't dislike the idea... but it seems like it really limits flexibility.

I place my machine as far forward as possible on this trailer and it pulls nice that way. So the chocks are placed as far forward as possible, gives me room behind them for hauling other stuff. If I ever bought a different machine I would just relocate them to accommodate. I thought about getting a set for the rear as well but, after latching these down, I don't think it's really needed. Remmy's holding a P1k with his. I saw some videos where they were putting them on the rear wheels, they'd definitely be in the way for hauling anything else that way.

Reactions: 100Acre and JTW
J

JTW

I suggest everyone run them thru the angle supports or make a plate to span the load across several boards.. if you're in a wreck you don't want it coming into the cab!

Reactions: SundayRdr
J

JTW

I place my machine as far forward as possible on this trailer and it pulls nice that way. So the chocks are placed as far forward as possible, gives me room behind them for hauling other stuff. If I ever bought a different machine I would just relocate them to accommodate. I thought about getting a set for the rear as well but, after latching these down, I don't think it's really needed. Remmy's holding a P1k with his. I saw some videos where they were putting them on the rear wheels, they'd definitely be in the way for hauling anything else that way.
I was just thinking about how your machine could need to move forward or back depending on your load.

elkaholic

elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I suggest everyone run them thru the angle supports or make a plate to span the load across several boards.. if you're in a wreck you don't want it coming into the cab!

Also, if you don't upgrade to tire bonnets, these are handy

Single Tire Block

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

It would definitely be another safeguard but you could add one strap to the back tied to the trailer and achieve the same thing. I honestly plan to do that anyway. Mine is mounted so close to the front where the board tucks under that it would be nearly impossible for the board to break. Depending on the accident, straps and chains may not save you either.

Reactions: JTW
advertisement
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Looks Sweet buddy! Now when we pull up they'll definitely say "oh boy! Here comes big brother and little bother!" Lol

Stole another idea from Big Brother too. Need one of those black Honda Sticker SxS.com stickers for the other side now. @Hondasxs , heard you were handing them out at RRB, I'd even pay for it! o_O

Reactions: Remington and JTW
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Stole another idea from Big Brother too. Need one of those black HondaView attachment 46844 SxS.com stickers for the other side now. @Hondasxs , heard you were handing them out at RRB, I'd even pay for it! o_O

Oh boy! We're gona get peoples heads spinning now! Lol

E

ebkoz

Feb 27, 2017
new jersey
The trailer should be loaded where the tongue weight is approx. 10/12% of the total weight of the trailer and load. A truck scale can be used one time to determine the best location of the SxS on the trailer. Example, trailer and SxS equal 2500 lbs., tongue weight should be between 250 and 300 lbs. This percentage will provide the best towing performance.