Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Are you wanting something small for the kids? You can buy a new recon for around 3k.
Something the kids could grow into. I had one when I was 22. They are tough to beat i could take that thing a lot of places. It's ultimately up to Mrs plumber. But I'd like her to want one. I'll take her to see one in person

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'll trade my foreman in on a new Honda atv. When they go back to OHC. Apparently Honda learned nothing from the 300. Imo still the best atv ever made.

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
That's pretty much the going sticker price online...
If they made it in 4x4 I'd buy one in a heart beat!

Yep.

That was/is my dream ATV.

A Honda Recon sized 4X4 with a ES or manual transmission, handlebar headlight, Fuel Injection and IRS. The new Kodiak is the closest thing I have found so far but it is only slightly smaller than the Rancher but you do get IRS for less than you can get a Rancher with IRS for.

Glad I am not the only one out there that doesn't want a monster 4x4 ATV. Everyone I know thought I was stupid for going with a "little" :rolleyes:680 Rincon.

ETA:

Of course I went everywhere their big bore machines went in my Rincon. So did my wife in her Recon!! Only problem was in weird off camber ruts where that straight axle would turn it into a bicycle at time. :D

Last edited:
advertisement
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
IRS makes a big difference in ride but I hardly ever use mine for recreation. The p1k is strictly play and foreman is work only. It does all my slow speed chores around the house like spraying fence line or tree cutting/trimming. Not worth it for me to trade up since it does those jobs with ease plus has low hours for an 07.

J

JTW

Yep.

That was/is my dream ATV.

A Honda Recon sized 4X4 with a ES or manual transmission, handlebar headlight, Fuel Injection and IRS. The new Kodiak is the closest thing I have found so far but it is only slightly smaller than the Rancher but you do get IRS for less than you can get a Rancher with IRS for.

Glad I am not the only one out there that doesn't want a monster 4x4 ATV. Everyone I know thought I was stupid for going with a "little" :rolleyes:680 Rincon.

ETA:

Of course I went everywhere their big bore machines went in my Rincon. So did my wife in her Recon!! Only problem was in weird off camber ruts where that straight axle would turn it into a bicycle at time. :D
Yes... but I want a foot shift. I had a 660 grizzly I probably should have kept. But I miss that foot shift on the old big bear and big reds and moto4 I grew up with.. A small EFI recon with 4x4 and foot shift would suit me fine... I'd like more motor but not necessary for what I'm after. And I'm fine with a straight axle.

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Tis official. She comes home with us Wednesday. 16 model, 0 miles. Mama is pissed. 12 year old is ecstatic. Such is life :rolleyes::D

JM10614

JM10614

Aug 10, 2017
Kentucky
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
While not a Honda, I really like the new Yamaha Kodiak.

2018 Yamaha Kodiak 450 Utility ATV - Photo Gallery, Video, Specs, Features, Offers, Inventory and more

It has 4 WD (no front locker), is on a smaller frame and has IRS and can be had with EPS.

They would come out with my perfect ATV after I got a SXS....:rolleyes:

I always wanted something smaller than my Rincon with 4WD and IRS and fuel injection.

That being said, the Honda Recon is a blast. My wife used to have one and I enjoyed riding it as much or more than my Rincon. It was WAY more fun in the snow... Except on hills with large bodies of water at the bottom. Going up without 4WD could sometimes be exciting. :)

It was small enough that it really didn't need 4WD other than some very isolated instances and that 5 speed trans was awesome to play with. I miss having it around. If I had more room in the garage, I would be tempted to get another just for fun.
Dirt Wheels this month did a review on the new Kodiak seems very tempting.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!