P1000 Auto / Manual Override Switch

P

posterboy

Wondering if anyone has figured out how to override the Auto/Manual Switch?

If you are in High or Low and Switch to Manual You will be cruising along shifting gears. You then stop... Decide to go into reverse.... Then go back into High or Low and well...... ITS BACK IN AUTO.... So you then have to switch it to manual again......

I have tried just hold the button in to see if it held but it did not.

If you go to Neutral and back it will stay in Manual...

Hoping there is a way to put an override switch in to keep it in Manual.

Two main reasons...

#1: Stuck and need to go in reverse then forward then reverse.....Want to stay in low gear in forward and not have to hit the button.... you get the point

#2: I am plowing... and obviously you go forward then back.... forward then back... very frustrating that it goes back into Auto and then shifts during a heavy push....

Any Help would be great...

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Haven't heard of anyone messing with this yet.
I'm fairly sure it is a programming issue and if such the case may not be fixable without reprogramming. Which is not available... yet!

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Wondering if anyone has figured out how to override the Auto/Manual Switch?

If you are in High or Low and Switch to Manual You will be cruising along shifting gears. You then stop... Decide to go into reverse.... Then go back into High or Low and well...... ITS BACK IN AUTO.... So you then have to switch it to manual again......

I have tried just hold the button in to see if it held but it did not.

If you go to Neutral and back it will stay in Manual...

Hoping there is a way to put an override switch in to keep it in Manual.

Two main reasons...

#1: Stuck and need to go in reverse then forward then reverse.....Want to stay in low gear in forward and not have to hit the button.... you get the point

#2: I am plowing... and obviously you go forward then back.... forward then back... very frustrating that it goes back into Auto and then shifts during a heavy push....

Any Help would be great...
It's really annoying for any heavy work I agree! I'm sure Honda did that for durability purposes to keep people from possibly forgetting and bouncing it off the rev limiter. What would have been good is to program it so when the machine was turned off after using manual mode it went back to default then. That I wouldn't be to surprised to see in later models as an "upgrade" I'm sure Honda reads these and it would be simple forthem

Donnie

Donnie

Dec 18, 2015
SW Missouri
First world problems...

Just teasing, I know the little things annoy me too.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Come on @Donnie quit busting our balls:)

whayden2003

whayden2003

Mar 3, 2016
Slaughter,LA
This is one of my favorite sayings. Lol. Kind of like why they put the barcode on the bottom of the 24 pack of cokes and I got to flip it over for the cashier. Damn you Will Weaton.

Reactions: Eltobgi