CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I guess that's way over my head because I don't understand how that's possible.
If there’s a shorted cell in the aux battery, it could drag down the isolator as soon as it‘s hooked up.

Buckslayr - unhook the aux battery and hook it to your charger overnight - see if it will take a charge. Or take it to the auto parts store for a load check.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I guess that's way over my head because I don't understand how that's possible.
Well the elevation wouldn't be that high for you and I! HA! First thing I would check would be a load check on the secondary battery. I used the Odyssey battery for the secondary battery because Tru told me that's the battery they designed there Isolator for? Doesn't seem as though it would matter what battery as long as it's the proper voltage and amp draw?

B

Buckslayr

Oct 18, 2019
Nd
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If there’s a shorted cell in the aux battery, it could drag down the isolator as soon as it‘s hooked up.

Buckslayr - unhook the aux battery and hook it to your charger overnight - see if it will take a charge. Or take it to the auto parts store for a load check.
i have a load tester, it pulled it down to high bad but i think that’s because it wasn’t charged, i have a trickle charger on it till morning then will check

Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
i have a load tester, it pulled it down to high bad but i think that’s because it wasn’t charged, i have a trickle charger on it till morning then will check
I bet it wont make any difference. Weather its charged or not. If u had 11 of 12 volts when u put it on the LC. Wont matter. Sounds like what we said all along.

Reactions: Smitty335 and EMAW
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I had my 1st isolator go bad after 1 year. It did the same as yours. Light would come on but my second battery wasn't charging. Bought a new one and haven't had a problem in over 3 years now. Still my original main battery and my original auxiliary mighty max battery.
The more I think about it, I don't think by blue light was coming on when my isolator went bad. It's been so long ago that I can't remember for sure. Oh well.

Reactions: Smitty335 and EMAW
B

Buckslayr

Oct 18, 2019
Nd
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Dead cell
i charged the battery. put my foxwell tester on it and it showed good battery. 614 cca on a 400 cca battery.I hooked it up and my voltmeter said 12.5 volts now,14.5 on the voltmeter when the battery is un hooked.all my accessories hooked to auxiliary battery work, could it still be a ground.I traced my ground and it goes to the factory ground spot,I'm getting baffled.should I hook another battery to the isolator and see if it charges that one.getting p######

Reactions: EMAW and Smitty335
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Does the foxwell tester put a true load on the battery? One other thing u can do is put something on it that will put a draw on it and see if it starts to poo poo

Reactions: EMAW and Smitty335
B

Buckslayr

Oct 18, 2019
Nd
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does the foxwell tester put a true load on the battery? One other thing u can do is put something on it that will put a draw on it and see if it starts to poo poo
it is suppose to be one of the best testers made, i use it on my farm,i turned the heater on and it draws down from 12.5 to 12.4

B

Buckslayr

Oct 18, 2019
Nd
Ownership

1. 1000-5
if i just hook another battery to the isolator, where the auxiliary is, if it’s good it should charge right?or how about i hook the auxiliary to main side of isolator

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
if i just hook another battery to the isolator, where the auxiliary is, if it’s good it should charge right?or how about i hook the auxiliary to main side of isolator
Well were going all over the map here. As my ole Pappy use to say…If u dont know where to go? Start from the beginning! 🤣

So lets work smarter not harder.
start from the beginning again. Explain it short and sweet, Clift Notes version what the issue is.

B

Buckslayr

Oct 18, 2019
Nd
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It's ambidextrous, so that makes no difference.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
well I've come to the conclusion its the isolator,I hooked a seperate battery to it and same reading of 12.5 volts,I know both used to be 14.4.I will get a new isolater and try that,

Last edited:
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!