Aux battery

D

Derek1000r

Sep 27, 2019
Ownership

1. Talon R
So I bought a tray for a aux battery, and it’s sized for a Odyssey pc925, but I still have my original oem factory battery, which is a lead acid, and I have read that you are not supposed to mix battery types. Agm and lead acid. I also got the tru Isolator, to use as well. What kind of set up are you all using for a aux battery setup,
Talon 1000r

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
So I bought a tray for a aux battery, and it’s sized for a Odyssey pc925, but I still have my original oem factory battery, which is a lead acid, and I have read that you are not supposed to mix battery types. Agm and lead acid. I also got the tru Isolator, to use as well. What kind of set up are you all using for a aux battery setup,
Talon 1000r
The same, I called Tru Iso and they told me the Odyssey is what they designed there Isolator for.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
But what to use for the factory main battery??
What ever, from how I under stand it the two batteries aren't linked together, when the main batt is charged the stator charges the aux battery. Think of the Iso as a check valve it only lets current go one way.

Seadonist

Seadonist

Feb 8, 2021
New Orleans
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I use an Antigravity lithium battery with the True lithium isolator as my auxiliary battery and the OEM battery as my my main battery. I have been using this system for a couple years now with no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I use an Antigravity lithium battery with the True lithium isolator as my auxiliary battery and the OEM battery as my my main battery. I have been using this system for a couple years now with no issues.

How do you charge Li battery? do you use on board charger for Li battery specifically?

Seadonist

Seadonist

Feb 8, 2021
New Orleans
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Based on the product info, which is not very specific about this, I assume that it is charged by the machine’s alternator but True uses technology to manage the way in which both the lithium and the house batteries are charged.

Reactions: solrus
solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Based on the product info, which is not very specific about this, I assume that it is charged by the machine’s alternator but True uses technology to manage the way in which both the lithium and the house batteries are charged.

Which True do you use 18L or 19L? I have currently 18L for AGM batteries.

Reactions: Smitty335
Seadonist

Seadonist

Feb 8, 2021
New Orleans
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Which True do you use 18L or 19L? I have currently 18L for AGM batteries.

I’ll have to check the packaging when I get back to town in a few weeks. I remember the description saying that at least one lithium battery was required for the one that I have. Not sure if that helps or not

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I’ll have to check the packaging when I get back to town in a few weeks. I remember the description saying that at least one lithium battery was required for the one that I have. Not sure if that helps or not

Before I bought my isolator I called Tru and told them I was thinking about the Odyssey Lith for the aux battery, they said perfect, that's the battery they designed to run with there Isolator, that's what I've been running since early17. No issues.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
I’ll have to check the packaging when I get back to town in a few weeks. I remember the description saying that at least one lithium battery was required for the one that I have.
That's the 19L

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!