AuxBeam LED bar/Pods Installation Requirements

T

TOGAvenged7x

Dec 12, 2023
Aiken SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just Use one of these there’s multiple different ones you can choose from

Limited-time deal: Auxbeam 8 Gang Switch Panel BA80 Automatic Dimmable LED Touch Control Panel Box Electronic Relay System Car Touch Switch Box Universal for Truck ATV UTV Boat Marine SUV Caravan -Blue, 2 Years Warranty https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KZLB74K?tag=sxsweb24-20
That's actually right up the alley that I was looking for.

I am electrical ignorant so excuse the following question because a Google search yielded me two different answers.

If I add another battery and tie them together does that just give me a 12v system will double the amperage or does that effectively make it 24v?

Reactions: TxDoc and Remington
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
That's actually right up the alley that I was looking for.

I am electrical ignorant so excuse the following question because a Google search yielded me two different answers.

If I add another battery and tie them together does that just give me a 12v system will double the amperage or does that effectively make it 24v?
Nope, give you 12v. One battery is for the rig, the other is for accessories. Go to the club store and get you a true Isolator kit that will hook you up fo sho

Reactions: TxDoc
TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did you use a pre-made cable that plugged into the back of the switches?

I would like to plug into switches, because my understanding is the switches power off when the key is off, which prevents battery drain.

The other thing is do I need to add another battery? It looks like there is another tray for the battery under the hood.

As Remington stated, these gang switch panels are becoming very popular with the LED lights. I just had more lights than any available switch panel offered.

I have always used my own stranded wires, from reels that I have in the shop for car, truck, trailer, etc, DC needs. In in various gauges and colors.

Same with boxes of coiled solid wire, in for AC wiring from 14 to 6 in various colors. And, reels of standed, too.

My father was a master electrician and electrical contractor for commercial and industrial jobs for over 60 years. I miss him (and my mother) every day more than any words can describe .

But, I never used a supplied harness for lights, and used a fuse and/or relay when necessary.

Do a search for series vs parallel wiring off batteries.

Like this

Sent from my motorola edge plus 2023 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!