AuxBeam LED bar/Pods Installation Requirements

T

TOGAvenged7x

Dec 12, 2023
Aiken SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Good morning all,

I am thinking of buying a LED lighting Kit from AuxBeam. I looked at the one in the store but I am on the side of the road that runs up one side of my property picking up trash and repairing the fence when deer decide to hop it and mess up my panels just about every weekend. I like the strobing ability since there's only about 10ft between the fence and road and with it being camo I'm sure to be seen.

Has anyone wired up this kit or a similar one? My 23 Forest has stuff pre-wired from the factory that supposedly makes adding accessories easier but I can't find any info on what those accessories do and how to hook up to them. I have 4 blank toggle switch slots and would like to buy another set of the pods to mount on the back but I have never done anything like this before. I found youtbe videos of people tapping into the headlight toggle switch but I want these to be on a toggle by themselves.

Screenshot 20231212 085204 Amazon Shopping

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
First off, Welcome from Michigan
And congrats on joining and your first post

We need a few things before we start. What rig do you own, how many miles, mods done, and Rule #4 PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN!

Most dont buy light kits. Usually pick and choose. Those pods are CHIIINA made junk. Had a few and they never last. Buy USofA when u can for quality. Your also best to check out peoples builds (example in my sig)
And see what they used. Or another good option that we encourage for any question before posting about it is to use the search up top. Cuz we know a thing or two cuz weve seen a thing or two😏

TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've been running Auxbeam since 2003, iirc. Never had a single diode fail. Have them on four trucks, for trailers and have had them on four ATVs and two SxSs.

I have a 54 inch on the front of my Pioneer, an 18 inch on the back, and two 7 inch on either side of my roof.
And, I use them as backup lights on four trailers.

I like them because of the customer service. They have a valve that lets moisture out and I've never had one fog up from the inside from water intrusion.

I broke a cast mount, once and they sent me two new ones and a package of hardware.. Bolts and an Allen wrench.

They usually answer emails within 24 hours or less.

Like Warn, never had a failure and great customer service. So I don't buy any other brand.

Good luck on your modifications.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 2023 using Tapatalk
E24c827730b7410c63f558405a186e30Bb77717bb0cf44a595430ad23752b32d65ab49d7c8511f4f589b8e47b0bf00d8

Last edited:
Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I can speak from experience I have used auxbeam, nilight, mictuning, samlight, and autofeel. All Amazon brands. I have used these mainly on personal road vehicles. I have Nilight pods on my pioneer. I have had good luck with all of these brands. I have never wanted to spend tons of money on brand name lights. Recently I installed a set of rough country slim single lights on an avalanche for a friend of mine per his request. I was impressed with them. Last month my wife upgraded to a Chevrolet Colorado. She requested some LED lights to see better at night to avoid deer. I found Rough Country made a bar to fit in the grill and pod lights that fit up near the A pillar on the hood. The Rough Country lights are just awesome. Crisp white light that is just bright. Clean spread and seems like great build quality without being crazy expensive.

Short story, I am sold on Rough Country versus the Amazon brands.

T

TOGAvenged7x

Dec 12, 2023
Aiken SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've been running Auxbeam since 2003, iirc. Never had a single diode fail. Have them on four trucks, for trailers and have had them on four ATVs and two SxSs.

I have a 54 inch on the front of my Pioneer, an 18 inch on the back, and two 7 inch on either side of my roof.
And, I use them as backup lights on four trailers.

I like them because of the customer service. They have a valve that lets moisture out and I've never had one fog up from the inside from water intrusion.

I broke a cast mount, once and they sent me two new ones and a package of hardware.. Bolts and an Allen wrench.

They usually answer emails within 24 hours or less.

Like Warn, never had a failure and great customer service. So I don't buy any other brand.

Good luck on your modifications.

View attachment 411690View attachment 411691View attachment 411692
Nice rig!

How did you hook those up? Did you setup them up on toggles or tap into an existing wire?

Did you have to add a second battery?

TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did you tap into an existing wire or add a toggle?

I want to add a toggle but I don't even know where to begin on how to do that
I have switches that have text lighted when off and when switched, a symbol illuminates.

Thank you TOGAvenged7X

Front, one switch, rear on switch, both sides share a switch and the rear triggers my back up camera. I have the rear come on, even in daylight in hopes that anyone, especially children, will see the light and notice movement.

E645e01b4bd20cb1fe74cb22ec9057a8

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Hopefully none of my lights are ever under water. Not my style of riding.
YMMV.

View attachment 411747
Thats why i asked lol.
I never submerged mine, just the normal splash of mud holes and the like. My Auxbeams did well till the second or third time then they leaked. Thats the Chinese quality in them. Then i made the mistake and bought them again and same thing lol. They are decent quality if your not planing on getting them wet often lol.

Last edited:
futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
Time will tell. So far so good, but it's only been a year or two I guess.
I can live without supplemental lighting. I don't ride much at night, and I usually go pretty slow.
No extra lights on my P500 . . .

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
With two P5s, my 520 wasn't intended to be my primary trail rig, though it's been pressed into that service temporarily.
I had them on my P5 also.
Was nice to have. The only one that the seals never leaked was the one on the roof cuz i never took it scuba diving🤣

T

TOGAvenged7x

Dec 12, 2023
Aiken SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have switches that have text lighted when off and when switched, a symbol illuminates.

Thank you TOGAvenged7X

Front, one switch, rear on switch, both sides share a switch and the rear triggers my back up camera. I have the rear come on, even in daylight in hopes that anyone, especially children, will see the light and notice movement.

View attachment 411736

Did you use a pre-made cable that plugged into the back of the switches?

I would like to plug into switches, because my understanding is the switches power off when the key is off, which prevents battery drain.

The other thing is do I need to add another battery? It looks like there is another tray for the battery under the hood.

Reactions: TxDoc
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Did you use a pre-made cable that plugged into the back of the switches?

I would like to plug into switches, because my understanding is the switches power off when the key is off, which prevents battery drain.

The other thing is do I need to add another battery? It looks like there is another tray for the battery under the hood.
If your powering off with the key off, there is no power so the battery wont drain.

As for a second battery, yes its recommended when your running other accessories. You can go off your regular battery but you stand the chance of havi g low power for relays and such for the DCT. Best to just leave that battery for the rig and its powertrain if u can.

Good luck on the plug in switches. Your still gonna have to do some wiring one way or another if thats what your trying to avoid?
I dont think Ive seen plug in switches?
Now the Auxbeam switch panel so far has been nice and there are non-plug in switches. (Plug and play) But you still have to wire in your lights. No way around it.

T

TOGAvenged7x

Dec 12, 2023
Aiken SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If your powering off with the key off, there is no power so the battery wont drain.

As for a second battery, yes its recommended when your running other accessories. You can go off your regular battery but you stand the chance of havi g low power for relays and such for the DCT. Best to just leave that battery for the rig and its powertrain if u can.

Good luck on the plug in switches. Your still gonna have to do some wiring one way or another if thats what your trying to avoid?
I dont think Ive seen plug in switches?
Now the Auxbeam switch panel so far has been nice and there are non-plug in switches. (Plug and play) But you still have to wire in your lights. No way around it.
Sorry, I didn't explain very well, by plug in switches I mean a way to install so.ething like a extra fuse block, that way I only have to tap into manufacturer wiring once.

From there a pre fab wiring harness connects to the back of the switch with a pigtail that one runs to the accessory from the switch and the other side is for the switch to the added on fuse block/power block.

I had one for a four Wheeler years ago and I cannot recall where I got it from nor what it was called. I hate the thought of tapping into factory wiring multiple times where as tapping into a wiring harness I added specifically for each accessory light, that way if something screwed up it wouldn't affect the whole system just that run of wire which would be easy to swap out

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Sorry, I didn't explain very well, by plug in switches I mean a way to install so.ething like a extra fuse block, that way I only have to tap into manufacturer wiring once.

From there a pre fab wiring harness connects to the back of the switch with a pigtail that one runs to the accessory from the switch and the other side is for the switch to the added on fuse block/power block.

I had one for a four Wheeler years ago and I cannot recall where I got it from nor what it was called. I hate the thought of tapping into factory wiring multiple times where as tapping into a wiring harness I added specifically for each accessory light, that way if something screwed up it wouldn't affect the whole system just that run of wire which would be easy to swap out
Just Use one of these there’s multiple different ones you can choose from

Limited-time deal: Auxbeam 8 Gang Switch Panel BA80 Automatic Dimmable LED Touch Control Panel Box Electronic Relay System Car Touch Switch Box Universal for Truck ATV UTV Boat Marine SUV Caravan -Blue, 2 Years Warranty https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KZLB74K?tag=sxsweb24-20

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!