Back Panel...has anyone seen this one?

doolin64

doolin64

Oct 16, 2014
Based on my heated steering wheel thread So I startedooking up windshields and backpanels based on my heated steering wheel thread. The Tusk back panel is the best deal at $60 IMO. The Honda panel at more than double the price and not necessarily worth it.

I have two questions...how far down does the fabric go down behind the seat. Secondly, does it make noise (like a flapping sound?)

I found this back window and wondered if anyone has purchased or seen it in action. Direction 2 makes some nice products. They are typically rebranded by other companies like KIMPEX and Moose.

DIRECTION 2 INC. - SIDE BY SIDE HONDA PIONEER 500

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Based on my heated steering wheel thread So I startedooking up windshields and backpanels based on my heated steering wheel thread. The Tusk back panel is the best deal at $60 IMO. The Honda panel at more than double the price and not necessarily worth it.

I have two questions...how far down does the fabric go down behind the seat. Secondly, does it make noise (like a flapping sound?)

I found this back window and wondered if anyone has purchased or seen it in action. Direction 2 makes some nice products. They are typically rebranded by other companies like KIMPEX and Moose.

@ehart814 has that back panel and I believe he's pleased with it. He can answer your questions.

Reactions: JTW and doolin64
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

I have the Tusk rear window and it's been great. The fabric comes down over the plastic piece that you have to remove to get to the air filter. It's a good design, and makes a big difference reducing dust. I've hauled it a few hundred miles on a trailer, and it has held up great.

It doesn't make any noise at all - actually, it probably quiets the ride a little bit. For $60 you can't go wrong.

SBuckJ

SBuckJ

Jan 21, 2015
Central PA
I have had the Honda rear vinyl panel for about two years now and no issues (even hauled from PA to KY with it on). Love being able to unzip and open the back in the summer days to let the air flow through (I have the Honda tip out front window). Of course when I purchased it the Tusk wasn't available yet...but liking the Honda one :) That rear one looks a lot like this one UTV Headquarters - Honda Pioneer 500 Rear Windshield

JohnNH

JohnNH

Aug 14, 2016
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hey can you post a link to the tusk panel I can't find it also how does it attach

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500

I disagree ...I have the Honda
back panel...with horseshoe
zipper window...love it
...more spendy yes...

Reactions: SBuckJ and doolin64
advertisement
ChungasRevenge

ChungasRevenge

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2016
The Land of Nod
Ownership

1. 500
TUSK installed. Not very good pictures but it gives you an idea..

Velcro over the top bar, adjustable straps on the sides and underneath behind the seats. <<<60$$. I figured for that price I'd give it a try.

IMG 2555 IMG 25541

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!