Back to Reality

Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I suspect many of you like me had a lot of time off over the Holiday's... Back to the grind this morning. Pleased to be gainfully employed and all, but I'm pretty sure that I could retire and stay plenty busy! However, two ex's and many Adventures and man toys later, not retiring anytime real soon!!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I suspect many of you like me had a lot of time off over the Holiday's... Back to the grind this morning. Pleased to be gainfully employed and all, but I'm pretty sure that I could retire and stay plenty busy! However, two ex's and many Adventures and man toys later, not retiring anytime real soon!!
Daily grind sucks but it's became part of life. My retirement will have my family dressed in black and proud to say that most days lol. Being employed is a great thing so have a good day back and don't let it get to you. You're a good guy and a very fortunate man

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Another snow day today:) 4th major winter storm just departed this morning! In addition to Holidays we have had an additional 10 days off since early December & about 3 1/2 feet of snow:eek:

Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Daily grind sucks but it's became part of life. My retirement will have my family dressed in black and proud to say that most days lol. Being employed is a great thing so have a good day back and don't let it get to you. You're a good guy and a very fortunate man
Blessed beyond words and I know that to be a fact! The daily grind is good for a man and I happen to have a job that I love... December is generally a slow time of the year for my business, no real thinking to be done and ye ole brain gets lazy! I can envision continuing to work even after retirement from from my full-time gig. Something part-time like @drfubar does would be right up my alley!

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
And i know I won't be able to convince anyone of this but I mess with all of my customers too just like I do on the forum... They seem to like it.:confused:
So you must be one of those Lowes employees that I can never find when I need to ask where something is. Lol

Last edited:
Corona1

Corona1

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2016
The Land of Cheese
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Another snow day today:) 4th major winter storm just departed this morning! In addition to Holidays we have had an additional 10 days off since early December & about 3 1/2 feet of snow:eek:

A friend shared some pics of bare fields and snowed in front doors and 12' barn doors. Pretty crazy looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

advertisement
drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So you must be one of those Lowes employees that I can never find when I need to ask where something is. Lol
That couldn't be farther from the truth in the Dayton store. I know all Lowe's are judged by one or a handful of stores. Download the Lowes application, it will tell you where everything is and how many are in that particular store... Work with me on this @sharp , I can't do everything for ya...

Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My experience varies greatly from Lowe's location to location... The one I use up in Ellijay, GA is awesome with great customer service and friendly people. The one in Newnan, GA not so much.

Reactions: JTW
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Home Depot. :) They do their best to hire retired contractors. So you'll have a retired electrician working electrical that can get you there, same with plumbing, HVAC, etc.

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I was off for 2 weeks. That's the longest I've been off work in my career.
I came back to work properly refreshed and relaxed. Ready for a new year.

It took about two hours to wipe the sh_t away and completely erase my good mood.

OH, well. Job security I guess.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
I was off for 2 weeks. That's the longest I've been off work in my career.
I came back to work properly refreshed and relaxed. Ready for a new year.

It took about two hours to wipe the sh_t away and completely erase my good mood.

OH, well. Job security I guess.
I thought it you typed it!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!