BlacktopBurner

BlacktopBurner

Judge Of Others
Lifetime Member
May 21, 2024
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don’t let off the gas, still really normal?

Reactions: ChadD
BlacktopBurner

BlacktopBurner

Judge Of Others
Lifetime Member
May 21, 2024
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You sure it’s not the gears clicking as they change? We recently had another member report the same thing, and it in fact was gears changing.
I’m sure, there's a pop/backfire then 1/2 a second later it clicks and changes gear. I’ve had 4 wheelers, XR600’s, CB750’s, trust me, I know the difference.
Its taking a trip back to the dealership in a week or so to get a new seatbelt, the driver’s arrived with a cut in it. They can check it out and let me know their opinion.

Last edited:
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I’m sure, there's a pop/backfire then 1/2 a second later it clicks and changes gear. I’ve had 4 wheelers, XR600’s, CB750’s, trust me, I know the difference.
Its taking a trip back to the dealership in a week or so to get a new seatbelt, the driver’s arrived with a cut in it. They can check it out and let me know their opinion.
Post up a video so we can hear it as your driving. Hard to guess on a noise without the sound.

GovtMule

GovtMule

NTC’s SoA, Chief Sarcasm Officer-Self Appointed
Lifetime Member
May 19, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I can’t find the recent post on that, but it was why I gave that suggestion. Wasn’t questioning your intelligence…

Reactions: BlacktopBurner
BlacktopBurner

BlacktopBurner

Judge Of Others
Lifetime Member
May 21, 2024
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I can’t find the recent post on that, but it was why I gave that suggestion. Wasn’t questioning your intelligence…
I didn’t think you were, I’ll make a video this afternoon or in the morning. I’m trying to figure out a way to get my phone mounted at the back of the tailgate without duct tape. 🤣😂🤣

• Haha
Reactions: GovtMule
advertisement
BlacktopBurner

BlacktopBurner

Judge Of Others
Lifetime Member
May 21, 2024
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Duct tape and phone on tailgate, can’t really pick it up there. There is a popping sound before the shift, and then the shift, I don’t think it is a backfire. I wear hearing aids, it sure sounds different from up front. I guess you all are right, are there two clunks to a shift? Finally figured how to get a video on here, my first YouTube video, soon to be famous 😂🤣😂…..

Last edited:
GovtMule

GovtMule

NTC’s SoA, Chief Sarcasm Officer-Self Appointed
Lifetime Member
May 19, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Duct tape and phone on tailgate, can’t really pick it up there. There is a popping sound before the shift, and then the shift, I don’t think it is a backfire. I wear hearing aids, it sure sounds different from up front. I guess you all are right, are there two clunks to a shift? Finally figured how to get a video on here, my first YouTube video, soon to be famous 😂🤣😂…..

All normal. You are good.

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X

Dude - there is nothing better sounding than 999cc of a uni-cam engine with that DCT tranny slamming gears - if u don’t hear that little clunk right at shift - you have a problem

thanks for the video - that sounds awesome

I’m just bummed not on the rev limiter - lol

As an fyi - when I was selling my pioneer - had 2 potential buyers swear the machine was broken with that sound and why I was selling -

BlacktopBurner

BlacktopBurner

Judge Of Others
Lifetime Member
May 21, 2024
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Dude - there is nothing better sounding than 999cc of a uni-cam engine with that DCT tranny slamming gears - if u don’t hear that little clunk right at shift - you have a problem

thanks for the video - that sounds awesome

I’m just bummed not on the rev limiter - lol

As an fyi - when I was selling my pioneer - had 2 potential buyers swear the machine was broken with that sound and why I was selling -
😂🤣😂 It might have run me off too. I didn’t get on it very hard for break-in purposes.
How long am I supposed to be easy on it?

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
😂🤣😂 It might have run me off too. I didn’t get on it very hard for break-in purposes.
How long am I supposed to be easy on it?
I don’t get so hung up on break-in, don’t do anything dumb as u know like floor it right after starting and give it a minute or so to warm up for the first few trips. Common sense kinda stuff. I generally take it easy the first >10 miles, after that - game on.

I travel for work, so maybe 30 rental cars+ a year of every gender, some only have a couple of hundred miles on em and a real new one every now and then - first thing I generally do is find the rev limiter after leaving the lot - never had one start knocking.

All these manufactures make hundreds of thousands of engines and I have not seen many if any “motor trashed” because of improper break-in.

BlacktopBurner

BlacktopBurner

Judge Of Others
Lifetime Member
May 21, 2024
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just read in manual it says 15 miles, all good. Who reads manuals?
I don’t get so hung up on break-in, don’t do anything dumb as u know like floor it right after starting and give it a minute or so to warm up for the first few trips. Common sense kinda stuff. I generally take it easy the first >10 miles, after that - game on.

I travel for work, so maybe 30 rental cars+ a year of every gender, some only have a couple of hundred miles on em and a real new one every now and then - first thing I generally do is find the rev limiter after leaving the lot - never had one start knocking.

All these manufactures make hundreds of thousands of engines and I have not seen many if any “motor trashed” because of improper break-in.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!