backup camera/rear viewing

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
so i fixed my portal brackets and steering so now my daughter can drive my 700-4 no problem. was over at a buddys house and i almost backed over his 28 yr old sister. (back seats were up. she wasnt paying attention. i didnt see her). so this got me thinking. my tailgate when down is about 4 ft. high. daughter getting to drive it. less attention as its new to her and a toy. i decided mirrors werent good enough. and looked around for a rear camera i could wire in on a switch and put the monitor ontop of my gimbal housing for my radio. and i found one for cheap. comes in the 7th. so i should be putting it on then. dont have to worry about mirrors getting knocked off. and ill have full view behind me at all times. Ad87681c1500faec42944ffb9e4ebfd1

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
First couple Pioneers we ran camera. Same type of thing, it sarted when my daughter backed up the 700 and there was a kid on a 50 bike behind her. No harm but knocked him down.
She’s tall enough now to see much better but I’m still a fan however I haven’t got one on the new rig.
Cool deal on the cameras, you can have multiple, we had one directly in center of front bumper that did help traversing ruts and one on passenger side to help with wheel placement as well as the rear camera. Side got ripped off early but was nice on narrow drop offs. You don’t need to use a multiple input camera, you can plug in multiple with a splitter then feed power to whichever camera you want to see from. We had three way switch, and separate off. Also rear was hooked up with reverse, had to be on reverse setting though but would override the off switch.

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
welp finally got her in. there is a little holster type thing and it fits snug so i put it on top of my gimbal housing for my radio and wired it to the radio switch. was easily 1 of the best wire mods iv done. gonna grab some super glue later usually the 3 m dont hold long. but i did clean the surface with alcohol. its set where when my tailgate is down ill see the bed extender in the camera. A49d6603cb20eb01683e95e8b4909a2b651d7ebacb2a7e8f1c80dd0f4b26b028

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
welp finally got her in. there is a little holster type thing and it fits snug so i put it on top of my gimbal housing for my radio and wired it to the radio switch. was easily 1 of the best wire mods iv done. gonna grab some super glue later usually the 3 m dont hold long. but i did clean the surface with alcohol. its set where when my tailgate is down ill see the bed extender in the camera. View attachment 175405View attachment 175406

Nice. How ya like it?

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
do far good but its still on the trailer. i played around with the settings a little turned the guide off. and it has brightness and tint contrast settings ill set up when i ride this weekend but video stabilization seems pretty good. was hesitant when mounting on the plastics cause how much these vibrate. but looks good. might change the mount a little later. but the monitor isnt water proof but the plug is very close. so just put it in my truck console till i go riding to keep the dew from f***in it up

270WSMfan

270WSMfan

Jun 8, 2020
Albuquerque, NM
Ownership

1. 700-4
so i fixed my portal brackets and steering so now my daughter can drive my 700-4 no problem. was over at a buddys house and i almost backed over his 28 yr old sister. (back seats were up. she wasnt paying attention. i didnt see her). so this got me thinking. my tailgate when down is about 4 ft. high. daughter getting to drive it. less attention as its new to her and a toy. i decided mirrors werent good enough. and looked around for a rear camera i could wire in on a switch and put the monitor ontop of my gimbal housing for my radio. and i found one for cheap. comes in the 7th. so i should be putting it on then. dont have to worry about mirrors getting knocked off. and ill have full view behind me at all times. View attachment 173172

Did you ever hook up the camera that you posted? How is it holding up? I want to do the same thing due to a similar incident.
Thanks,

D

DDDonkey

Interested in how yours is holding up, I ordered a camera and have installed it has a front and rear view camera. I got off Amazon for like $70. I went with the wired so that I didn’t have to worry about reception dropping out.

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
Did you ever hook up the camera that you posted? How is it holding up? I want to do the same thing due to a similar incident.
Thanks,
Yeah holding up great i dont even take it off the machine so its holding up to dew and everything else. Even washing the ride. 1 thing i dont like about it but more of a pet peeve is when its on at night it has these little leds on it that are about as useful as a kids flashlight from the 80s. Lol

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
I can say this though. Its a small screen and it needs to be facing directly towards you but even at night it picks up very well with added reverse lights. But while riding i can see every machine and light behind me no issues.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!