Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Do you guys have a product you like for wiring your LEDs? Any guidance is appreciated.
Low voltage is best run in the finer multi strand wiring and there’s many different types. That’s one thing I don’t like about speaker wiring, it tends to be coarser.

One that I’ve used for automotive for years with no problems is Firmerst* because it’s jacket is superb. It doesn’t get hard in cold weather, doesn’t crack from heat and the jacket is so durable that it can be direct buried, so landscape lighting is often installed with it. It’s very fine multistranded and makes superior intimate connections.

Reactions: dnjones161
dnjones161

dnjones161

May 30, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Where in Ohio are you?
I use automotive grade GXL wire, sheathed in Techflex, shrink tube on end, then terminated into an appropriate weathertight connection.
I can crimp the harness connector onto 10' of wire, sheath it, then drop in the mail if you want. Or if you are close enough, just meet up somewhere.

I'm down around Dayton, that's super nice but not necessary! Thank you though!

I ask because we seem to be getting into more projects like this with our four wheelers, trucks, etc. I truly do enjoy tinkering in my free time and am finding more and more value in being able to do these projects on my own. I could go on for hours about a couple of recent snaffos I have had with tire/oil change places doing half assed work on my truck: I'd be terrified to have them wire something!

We like the lights enough I think the trucks and mower are going to get a set, so I'll plan on picking up some of the proper wire to do those jobs.

Reactions: Neohio

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!