Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Just FYI. I have 3 Badlands, 2500, 3500 and 1200lb winches. Have not failed yet. Looks like the 3500 price went up $10 from 4 yrs. ago.
678E2CCE 9022 460F A45E 21177C230579

Last edited:
Prntckt

Prntckt

Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2020
Altoona, WI
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I
They have a 90-day return policy, shouldn't be a problem to get it price matched.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
I didnt think of that. Thanks for mentioning the price match. I'll give it a try!!

Reactions: Mudder
advertisement
F

Fischer

Dec 22, 2019
The woods
Ownership

1. 500
Just FYI. I have 3 Badlands, 2500, 3500 and 1200lb winches. Have not failed yet. Looks like the 3500 price went up $10 from 4 yrs. ago.
View attachment 262603
Man.... I get it, badlands winches work good..... however, I bought Warn for the easy reason is because is an American company. Who do you want to support.... China or America? Remember when you buy china and American cooperation try to compete, they have to cut wages so your slitting your own countries workers throats. Just a thought

Reactions: makac132 and Mudder
sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Warn VR winches are manufactured and assembled overseas; all other Warn truck winches are assembled in the U.S. from globally sourced parts. According to Warn itself there are no more 100% "made in U.S.A." Warn winches.Aug 3, 2018

Many_Gs

Many_Gs

Apr 5, 2021
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Man.... I get it, badlands winches work good..... however, I bought Warn for the easy reason is because is an American company. Who do you want to support.... China or America? Remember when you buy china and American cooperation try to compete, they have to cut wages so your slitting your own countries workers throats. Just a thought
To each their own, no reason to chastise them over their choice of winch.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

thashane

thashane

Lifetime Member
Oct 19, 2020
norCa
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
The 4.5k Warn powersports VRX on their website is $449. I have no objections to paying slightly more to support MADE IN USA, but not 282% more.

I ultimately blame the govt., lawyers, and probably unions for accelerating China's dominance into an industrial era.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Like said above, if you trace the parts in many products, they likely have some overseas components. But when considering the journey of those products to the purchase point, I see US jobs in the transportation and its service sector down to the retail store employees that live locally. Of course current politicians actions to raise taxes hurts US businesses as they try to compete with foreign manufacturers.

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!