P1000 Badlands ZXR 5000 winch installation question

K

KurtJinMI

Dec 24, 2020
MI
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Curious about connecting the Green, White and Black wires from the Socket Lead to the Solenoid. Where does the White wire connect? White connector is too large for the small center screw location but also is too small for a larger black post connection. Harbor Freight tech service could not help and their wiring diagram is not clear. Is the pic correct? Help please...

3ED77716 D7FD 473A AED7 BF4A0DAFBBA1

Reactions: DanDan
J

JTW

Post a pic of the diagram.. I installed one a couple months back and it was all in the directions. But I do recall having to look closely to see what went where.

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I mounted mine up today but I’m using an SATV solenoid and switch, can’t help but looking at their system it looked complex. Have you read through the reviews, I bet someone has had this issue.

DanDan

DanDan

Lifetime Member
Dec 2, 2018
Greenville, tejas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Kurt...I have the Badland 5000 item 68144. Not sure if it is wired the same as yours. If it helps, when looking straight down on the solenoid, on mine, there are four larger post. Each with a touch of paint----blue, red, yellow and black. My smaller white wire goes to the larger bolt with the black paint. My system works. Also, even though harbor freight at the time I bought mine did not list the wireless remote as compatible with my 5000 winch, I took a chance an bought one anyway to try. Thankfully, the wireless remote control does work with my winch! I mounted the plug in the glove box. I can use either the wired remote or the wireless as I wish.

Reactions: ChadD and TxDoc
K

KurtJinMI

Dec 24, 2020
MI
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Post a pic of the diagram.. I installed one a couple months back and it was all in the directions. But I do recall having to look closely to see what went where.
Kurt...I have the Badland 5000 item 68144. Not sure if it is wired the same as yours. If it helps, when looking straight down on the solenoid, on mine, there are four larger post. Each with a touch of paint----blue, red, yellow and black. My smaller white wire goes to the larger bolt with the black paint. My system works. Also, even though harbor freight at the time I bought mine did not list the wireless remote as compatible with my 5000 winch, I took a chance an bought one anyway to try. Thankfully, the wireless remote control does work with my winch! I mounted the plug in the glove box. I can use either the wired remote or the wireless as I wish.
Thanks. That’s what I thought but the small connector does not fit over the larger black post. Did you also have a short little black jumper wire from the large black post to the small center screw?

K

KurtJinMI

Dec 24, 2020
MI
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Here is the wiring diagram from the manual.

8281C949 3B59 482F 8FE5 FFF6F2337468 25FDE521 4EEE 4CB8 BC56 7F6557149C61

advertisement
DanDan

DanDan

Lifetime Member
Dec 2, 2018
Greenville, tejas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks. That’s what I thought but the small connector does not fit over the larger black post. Did you also have a short little black jumper wire from the large black post to the small center screw?
Yes to the small jumper wire.

Reactions: ChadD
Hillbillytnt

Hillbillytnt

May 2, 2020
Ky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
How does the wireless control plug in. Does it just plug into the same socket as the handheld wired control. I have mine zip tied to my grill for ez access. It’s ez and you can’t even see it tucked under there

K

KurtJinMI

Dec 24, 2020
MI
Ownership

1. 1000-3
How does the wireless control plug in. Does it just plug into the same socket as the handheld wired control. I have mine zip tied to my grill for ez access. It’s ez and you can’t even see it tucked under there
I haven’t gotten to the point of mounting location yet. I’ll likely leave it under the hood. Thx.

J

JTW

FYI.. this is the wireless remote you need for the zxr 5000

DanDan

DanDan

Lifetime Member
Dec 2, 2018
Greenville, tejas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes, the wireless plugs into the same socket. I'm not sure how waterproof/weather resistant the wireless unit is. That makes it nice for being able to use either the wired or wireless as needed.

Reactions: Hillbillytnt
Hillbillytnt

Hillbillytnt

May 2, 2020
Ky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yes, the wireless plugs into the same socket. I'm not sure how waterproof/weather resistant the wireless unit is. That makes it nice for being able to use either the wired or wireless as needed.
Thanks. I like the idea of a wireless control but also don’t want to have to plug or unplug to go between them. I may try to wire it in the back side inline so I can still use the hand held control. What kind of batteries does the remote use.
I

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!