DanDan

DanDan

Lifetime Member
Dec 2, 2018
Greenville, tejas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
FYI.. this is the wireless remote you need for the zxr 5000

Mine works fine, but it has not been put to the pullin test, yet. All functions work as they should.
Wow. That HF APEX stuff is way more sophisticated than my 5000. Lot different plug and remote. Seems like mine cost around 30.

DanDan

DanDan

Lifetime Member
Dec 2, 2018
Greenville, tejas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks. I like the idea of a wireless control but also don’t want to have to plug or unplug to go between them. I may try to wire it in the back side inline so I can still use the hand held control. What kind of batteries does the remote use.
I
Well, my rig has been at the stealership since shortly after Thanksgiving because of steering recall. They also said something about a muffler or exhaust recall, too. Asking them to service it while there. Still not ready:mad:

As I recall, the remote take either AA or AAA batteries. Nothing fancy.

• Wow
Reactions: ChadD
J

JTW

Thanks. I like the idea of a wireless control but also don’t want to have to plug or unplug to go between them. I may try to wire it in the back side inline so I can still use the hand held control. What kind of batteries does the remote use.
I
Just run the wireless under the dash. It has a cord you can plug in if needed. But you’ll never use the wired agin after having the wireless

Reactions: ChadD and TripleB
J

JTW

Mine works fine, but it has not been put to the pullin test, yet. All functions work as they should.
Wow. That HF APEX stuff is way more sophisticated than my 5000. Lot different plug and remote. Seems like mine cost around 30.
You clearly haven’t priced the Warn stuff. But for the new zxr winches this is the one you need. I’ve heard the $30 would work on some. But I went though and tried 6 different of the orange ones and they wouldn’t work with mine. Apparently, there is a part number difference on the winches and I suspect it has to do with why the cheaper remote works on some and not on others. But... I think I gave less than $40 when the new style was on sale and I had a discount code. It’s of better quality and supposed to be better than the orange ones that had a lot of issues. At least that’s what I surmised in reading.
Also, the quality of the ZXR 5000 seems to be good and better than the original badlands. They can be found fairly regularly for $159 on sale.

Reactions: TripleB
DanDan

DanDan

Lifetime Member
Dec 2, 2018
Greenville, tejas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You clearly haven’t priced the Warn stuff. But for the new zxr winches this is the one you need. I’ve heard the $30 would work on some. But I went though and tried 6 different of the orange ones and they wouldn’t work with mine. Apparently, there is a part number difference on the winches and I suspect it has to do with why the cheaper remote works on some and not on others. But... I think I gave less than $40 when the new style was on sale and I had a discount code. It’s of better quality and supposed to be better than the orange ones that had a lot of issues. At least that’s what I surmised in reading.
Also, the quality of the ZXR 5000 seems to be good and better than the original badlands. They can be found fairly regularly for $159 on sale.
My Badland is about 1.75 years old. I went with it strictly based on price and hoping I wouldn't have to use it much. I also figured for the cheap price (I think I got it for the sales price you mention), if it quit, I'd just replace it. Based on what other forum members have posted, I knew I was taking a chance buying the orange disc wireless remote. Figured the cost was worth the risk and it currently works.
While wiring mine, also based on what other members have done, I went ahead and hardwired a rocker switch for the switch panel. So, I have a choice of panel switch, wired remote and wireless remote.

J

JTW

My Badland is about 1.75 years old. I went with it strictly based on price and hoping I wouldn't have to use it much. I also figured for the cheap price (I think I got it for the sales price you mention), if it quit, I'd just replace it. Based on what other forum members have posted, I knew I was taking a chance buying the orange disc wireless remote. Figured the cost was worth the risk and it currently works.
While wiring mine, also based on what other members have done, I went ahead and hardwired a rocker switch for the switch panel. So, I have a choice of panel switch, wired remote and wireless remote.
So my wiring harness came prewired for the rocker.. you just had to plug it in.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!