SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
@ HondaTech

Have you guys raced at the dirt track in OH where they use 3/4 of the oval track and then go into an MX section behind the track? I caught a quick video of it somewhere and it looked awesome. I'd love to try that out sometime but have no idea where it actually happens. Lol

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
Wait.....Wow...all I can say is wow. Well and this all has to be an outright lie! This is all one big lie! The Honda Talon is junk and the KRX, especially the unicorn KRX, and all other brands are so much better than the Talon. I was told on this forum actually....that I didn't know what I was talking about and the junk ass Honda Talon is not good and will never win races..... because it's junk. The KRX, and others were better in everyway and all of us where idiots for buying a Honda Talon. So this has to be a lie right.....can someone help me!!! Can someone call up Shock Therapy and ask them what happened also.....I am really confused about this?!? :rolleyes:😂

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Wait.....Wow...all I can say is wow. Well and this all has to be an outright lie! This is all one big lie! The Honda Talon is junk and the KRX, especially the unicorn KRX, and all other brands are so much better than the Talon. I was told on this forum actually....that I didn't know what I was talking about and the junk ass Honda Talon is not good and will never win races..... because it's junk. The KRX, and others were better in everyway and all of us where idiots for buying a Honda Talon. So this has to be a lie right.....can someone help me!!! Can someone call up Shock Therapy and ask them what happened also.....I am really confused about this?!? :rolleyes:😂

Yup

Even crazier..... They finished building the car days before the race, only drove it for 40 miles while shock testing with Alltech Motorsports and then went out and won overall UTV at the Baja 1000.

Can-Am, Polaris, Yamaha and Kawasaki should all hang their heads in shame knowing that they got beat by a a junk Honda Talon with $hitty suspension geometry and a very stock non turbo motor. Raceco even kept the stock exhaust system and used a Team Alba Racing tune.

Has to be a lie, right? 🤣

H

HondaTech

@ HondaTech

Have you guys raced at the dirt track in OH where they use 3/4 of the oval track and then go into an MX section behind the track? I caught a quick video of it somewhere and it looked awesome. I'd love to try that out sometime but have no idea where it actually happens. Lol

I can't say I've ever heard of that location before. I've been to a oval dirt track to race XC on a dirt bike before but it didn't have a MX track attached.

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
I can't say I've ever heard of that location before. I've been to a oval dirt track to race XC on a dirt bike before but it didn't have a MX track attached.

Think I figured it out.... Muskingum County Speedway is were they had the UTV races. Hess raced there after an AXCC race at the track and his FB page is where I saw the video. Looked wicked fun!

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Bum deal on missing the checkpoint but like you said, its still quite an accomplishment for a car with little to no testing.

I knew I was making the right choice waiting for Honda to come out with a performance SxS instead of buying a rubber band machine. Hell, I wasn't even interested in SxS's until I heard about the Talon.

SpeedBuggy

SpeedBuggy

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 1, 2020
WA
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Anyone found video coverage? Tried searching you tube and didn’t find much except one of the kids leaving the factory Honda team saying it was his choice. Didn’t see anything on the RaceCo team.

Reactions: TxDoc and Mopower58
H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
More info. While Honda motorcycle wins have come to be expected in Baja, this year’s 53rd running of the event also saw Honda side-by-sides achieve success. The Pro UTV NA class was won by a Raceco-built Talon 1000X-4 fielded by a private Chris Haines-managed effort fielding drivers Francisco Arredando, Jamie Campbell (brother of Baja legend Johnny Campbell) and Cisco Bio. The team initially looked to have taken the overall side-by-side win, but a 10-minute penalty for unintentionally missing a virtual check point moved them back to second overall. Also impressive was the Honda Talon Factory Racing team, which topped the Pro UTV Unlimited category with drivers Eliott Watson, Quintin Tucker, Bud Ward, Brian Weatherly and Geoffrey Dunivin.

SLR Honda Continues Win Streak in Baja 1000 - Motor Sports NewsWire

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
More info. While Honda motorcycle wins have come to be expected in Baja, this year’s 53rd running of the event also saw Honda side-by-sides achieve success. The Pro UTV NA class was won by a Raceco-built Talon 1000X-4 fielded by a private Chris Haines-managed effort fielding drivers Francisco Arredando, Jamie Campbell (brother of Baja legend Johnny Campbell) and Cisco Bio. The team initially looked to have taken the overall side-by-side win, but a 10-minute penalty for unintentionally missing a virtual check point moved them back to second overall. Also impressive was the Honda Talon Factory Racing team, which topped the Pro UTV Unlimited category with drivers Eliott Watson, Quintin Tucker, Bud Ward, Brian Weatherly and Geoffrey Dunivin.

SLR Honda Continues Win Streak in Baja 1000 - Motor Sports NewsWire

No one mentions that another NA Talon came in 2nd behind the winner. So not just a one hit wonder out pacing the rubber band brigade.

M

McCarthy

Aug 13, 2020
Canada
Ownership

1. Talon X
Rubber band brigade. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Legit spit coffee out I laughed so hard

Reactions: TimG and TxDoc

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!