Ball joint tool

T

Tim Z

Feb 25, 2021
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looking for a ball joint removal and installation tool I can use on the trail, needed one last year, wound up removing the a arm and driving 100 miles back home to fix it. Does anyone know of such a tool for the pioneer 1000, I have highlifter front a arms, can't seem to find the right size sleeves in any of the removal/install kits I've researched

ch33br0h

ch33br0h

Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2018
Jardín, Antioquia - Colombia, South America!
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Which kit did you get from HF, I had no issues using mine to change out the lower but the top I needed an 1” 3/8 socket to press it in.

I have this kit Ball Joint Service Kit for 2WD and 4WD Vehicles

I'm in a similar boat, looking for confirmation on what tool works best with the Pioneer on or off the trail.
Looking to replace all my ball joints and want to start getting prepared.

This is a response I found in another thread on similar topic,

Are there any other options or is this the one?

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have one of these - really too heavy to catty on the trail but when on longer rides i keep in truck

You are going to have to come up with a tube of the correct diameter to use I can remember off hand but I used a socket that fit over the ball joint

Tusk makes this one Tusk Ball Joint Tool but i know it will not work with SATV arms . Seems like SATV might want to make something like this that would work with their arms - they would sell

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I've used this many times with success.
Screenshot 2021 05 26 3 4 in Ball Joint Separator

Reactions: ch33br0h
Smoking Joe

Smoking Joe

Mar 27, 2021
Alaska
Ownership

1. 700-2
I've always just hit the castings right where the ball joint seats...if that doesn't work I cuss at it then grab a bigger hammer! The forks of the removal tool could damage the rubber seal of the ball joint! Kinda archaic but it works!

Reactions: Smitty335
D

DDDonkey

I have one of these - really too heavy to catty on the trail but when on longer rides i keep in truck

You are going to have to come up with a tube of the correct diameter to use I can remember off hand but I used a socket that fit over the ball joint

Tusk makes this one Tusk Ball Joint Tool but i know it will not work with SATV arms . Seems like SATV might want to make something like this that would work with their arms - they would sell
I use something similar and just put some large sockets that fit the balljoints in the tool bag, and my snap ring pliers. When I ran balljoint I would carry 1 of each top and lower with new snap rings, only had to fix one on the trail.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I use something similar and just put some large sockets that fit the balljoints in the tool bag, and my snap ring pliers. When I ran balljoint I would carry 1 of each top and lower with new snap rings, only had to fix one on the trail.
Now old @Kilo427 has been known to carry a 60lb vice that will fit in a receiver hitch … it sure helped Todd out when he went over and busted a ball joint on slick rock at Takeover

Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
Now old @Kilo427 has been known to carry a 60lb vice that will fit in a receiver hitch … it sure helped Todd out when he went over and busted a ball joint on slick rock at Takeover
Gave me some forward weight to stop those pesky back flips

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!