Base model or Deluxe???

R

Rohr84

Jan 1, 2018
Kentucky
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I am soon to buy a 1000-5. Is the price difference for the deluxe over the base model worth it?? Is their any difference between the two other than the color panel's, headlights, and the rims and tires?

sugarray

sugarray

Is this a game show?
Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2016
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Up to you on cost

That is the difference

Reactions: JTW and Rohr84
I

infernored1000

Jan 10, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bought the deluxe, but if you plan on changing rims and tires might not be worth the extra cost. You can always add the colored panels and led lights later on.

Reactions: swsebek and Rohr84
lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
I recently posted a link to a chart showing the differences.

P1000 - Deluxe vs eps

I think a lot of guys look at the cost to upgrade the features they want vs letting honda load it up.
Seams the big issue is wheels and tires.

Reactions: JTW and Rohr84
R

Rohr84

Jan 1, 2018
Kentucky
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I recently posted a link to a chart showing the differences.

P1000 - Deluxe vs eps

I think a lot of guys look at the cost to upgrade the features they want vs letting honda load it up.
Seams the big issue is wheels and tires.
Just curios as to how much the wheels n tires cost alone and the headlights n color panel individually???

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Just curios as to how much the wheels n tires cost alone and the headlights n color panel individually???
How much $ do you have? lol.
Expect to spend 1000+ on aftermarket wheels and tires.
Headlights??? I would just install a light bar and not fool with that.
Panels are, (were) fairly cheap. Haven't checked lately.
Whatever your choice. Make sure you get power steering (EPS).

I

infernored1000

Jan 10, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I would say probably looking at $1000 for wheels and tires not OEM just aftermarket

Led lights I believe are $400 OEM

And I think the panels can be had for maybe $250ish they are not expensive.

I like the looks of the deluxe and will keep my rims and tires until they wear out and by then it will be new excitement to put new wheels and tires on her. Make her feel like a new rig

I

infernored1000

Jan 10, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How much $ do you have? lol.
Expect to spend 1000+ on aftermarket wheels and tires.
Headlights??? I would just install a light bar and not fool with that.
Panels are, (were) fairly cheap. Haven't checked lately.
Whatever your choice. Make sure you get power steering (EPS).

X10 on the power steering, once you have it you will never go without it

R

Rohr84

Jan 1, 2018
Kentucky
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I would say probably looking at $1000 for wheels and tires not OEM just aftermarket

Led lights I believe are $400 OEM

And I think the panels can be had for maybe $250ish they are not expensive.

I like the looks of the deluxe and will keep my rims and tires until they wear out and by then it will be new excitement to put new wheels and tires on her. Make her feel like a new rig
Thanks! I'm going with the deluxe!
X10 on the power steering, once you have it you will never go without it
thanks! I'm going with the deluxe! May even get the fox shocks.. is their a major difference in ride quality with the qs3 over the stock shocks.. it will be a family ride and was curious if the load leveling stock suspension helps when passengers are in the back??

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks! I'm going with the deluxe!

thanks! I'm going with the deluxe! May even get the fox shocks.. is their a major difference in ride quality with the qs3 over the stock shocks.. it will be a family ride and was curious if the load leveling stock suspension helps when passengers are in the back??

Can’t speak to the passengers in the back I haven’t had a chance to try it with rear passengers yet and I haven’t set my shocks up yet.

BUT the improvement in the ride is significant even without them adjusted.

Reactions: Rohr84 and JTW
advertisement
I

infernored1000

Jan 10, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Can’t speak to the passengers in the back I haven’t had a chance to try it with rear passengers yet and I haven’t set my shocks up yet.

BUT the improvement in the ride is significant even without them adjusted.

I don't have the Fox shocks, but I did ride in the back while my wife drove for about ten minutes and I'm still alive lol barely, just kidding the ride wasn't bad at all and my kids don't complain, but I do want to ride in one that has after market shocks to see if it's really worth the $15-1600 upgrade for all 4.

Either way let us know and check the what did you pay thread so you can see what people around you are paying maybe your dealer will match or might have to drive a little to save a lot

J

JTW

I bought the deluxe but in hindsight with everything I’ve done... I could have probably saved money with the base model and added the deluxe item I liked. I think it really depends on what the price difference is in your area. As for the shocks... I put on front foxes and went for a ride.... by that night I had ordered the rears. They’re a significant improvement.. also, a dealer on Facebook sells them for $1300 shipped to your door.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!