P500 Battery Confusion

Keebler

Keebler

Nov 1, 2020
St Charles, Mo
Ownership

1. 500
I am a bit confused, my P500 owners manual lists a battery of GYZ16H, however the Honda shop, local stores, and most web sites show a 14 series battery for the P500. I am having trouble finding a GYZ16H, however I can find GYZ16HL which has the positive and negative terminals reversed. The GYZ16H is a 16A battery while the 14 series is either a 12A or 14A battery. It appears the GYZ16H is the only 16 series battery with dimensions that will fit in my battery box while almost all the 14 series will fit. What are others P500 owners doing, going with the 14 series or looking around for a GYZ16H?

Reactions: Mudder and GrnP500
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
The 14's are the old ones. Yuasa switched over to the 16's a couple yrs ago. It's funny you said you're able to get the 16HL as I looked all over for one of those a few months back and couldn't find one. I wanted it for my second battery. Anyway, the 16's are better and what you want.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!