P500 Battery dead after two weeks

Budlight

Budlight

Jul 14, 2020
Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Hi, my pioneer 500 2020 dont like to stay out of the Trail. If i dont take my P5 after two weeks, the battery is dead. This is normal? During the storage i put some charge on the battery every month.
Do you have some problem with your battery? Can i need to change mine every year?
After market battery is better than genuine?
Thanks every one.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Hi, my pioneer 500 2020 dont like to stay out of the Trail. If i dont take my P5 after two weeks, the battery is dead. This is normal? During the storage i put some charge on the battery every month.
Do you have some problem with your battery? Can i need to change mine every year?
Thanks every one.
I've had better luck with the original. You got a bad battery, I believe. Charge it back up and check for battery draw down by taking one of the terminals off and touching it to to post, it it sparks with the key off, you have a battery drawn down situation going on, you'll have to trace it down. Any accessories?

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
no clue what u got, but maybe a wireless controller box is installed near the winch contractor - has 4 wires going to winch contractor - disconnect those wires….

Or for now disconnect the +12V going to the winch contactor - run without the winch working for a while and see if that solves your problem

I’m not smart enough if pulling the batteries from the winch transmitter remote will stop the wireless receiver from using juice…

Mark in Northern Iowa

Mark in Northern Iowa

Club Contributor
Oct 20, 2021
Floyd County, Iowa
kramnella.wixsite.com
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Here is a good online example of a wireless remote setup
 LOOK AT THIS

The instructions that came with mine said direct to power. NO, No, no
I made sure that my power supply wire gets its power from a key on hot source.
If something goes wrong, turning off the key, will kill the winch power.
Like @DRZRon1 suggested, check the power supply wire.
If it goes to the battery/constant hot that is probably your problem.
Have a good day

Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
Thanks every one.
Mine sits sometimes for a couple months without being started and fires right up (no tender). the original battery lasted 6 years. sounds like you have a draw on the battery from something.

Budlight

Budlight

Jul 14, 2020
Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Here is a good online example of a wireless remote setup
View attachment 354880
The instructions that came with mine said direct to power. NO, No, no
I made sure that my power supply wire gets its power from a key on hot source.
If something goes wrong, turning off the key, will kill the winch power.
Like @DRZRon1 suggested, check the power supply wire.
If it goes to the battery/constant hot that is probably your problem.
Have a good day
Thank you so much, i will check the winch!

Budlight

Budlight

Jul 14, 2020
Canada
Ownership

1. 500
I've had better luck with the original. You got a bad battery, I believe. Charge it back up and check for battery draw down by taking one of the terminals off and touching it to to post, it it sparks with the key off, you have a battery drawn down situation going on, you'll have to trace it down. Any accessories?
I will Check the winch !

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Reply #1
I will take a look about the winch controller, thanks
Reply #2
Thank you so much, i will check the winch!
Reply #3
I will Check the winch !
Reply #4

Site tip - in the lower right corner of each post is a '+ Quote' button. Click on as many of those as you'd like to reply to. Then scroll to the bottom of the page and find 'Insert Quotes' in the lower left, click on it and all your quoted messages will appear in the reply window and you can reply to each quote as you see fit.

Reactions: Mudder
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A little late to the party . . . there's another very good reason not to wire a winch wireless receiver direct to battery, or even to key-on power. Radio Frequency interference can possibly trigger the receiver when unintended. This then has the potential to damage the winch or line if the winch is already "reeled in" when the line comes to a stop.

The fix is to always wire the receiver through a small "kill" switch on the dash (simple rocker on/off switch), and then to always-on aux power through a fuse. This way you can turn on (enable) the winch receiver with the Kill/Enable switch and use the winch with the ignition either on or off, depending on the situation. The winch wireless receiver is disabled at all other times. Note that their may be times you need to winch but are unable to run the engine. In a case like that, it would be best to have the ignition key Off, so as not to have the machines ignition-on sub-systems wasting power.

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Site tip - in the lower right corner of each post is a '+ Quote' button. Click on as many of those as you'd like to reply to. Then scroll to the bottom of the page and find 'Insert Quotes' in the lower left, click on it and all your quoted messages will appear in the reply window and you can reply to each quote as you see fit.

So that's how that works!
It's not like the club comes with instructions (It sure has rules thou).

Random picture so people don't think I'm a rule breaker.
RRB jan 21

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!