Battery qualms?

1Ktrailrider

1Ktrailrider

Dec 1, 2018
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What issues have you had from a low battery/batteries? I'm asking because I've been chasing down a code 57 problem and I'm highly doubting its the actual sensor (TR sensor on 3+ week backorder anyway) I've checked so many things and all seems fine but it won't down shift. It'll run through the gears once when its cold and thats it. When it does, it down shift kind of slow. When I pull the shift motor it seems to work fine. When it sits over night the battery clicks and start really slow. Put it on the charger and its fully charged in less than 10min. That is an obvious issue. I didn't know i had that problem because its always on a charger.. when its running the volts seem good. I know low voltage causes odd issues. Just looking for some insight. And yes. The easy thing to do is replace both batteries, TR sensor and shift motor but I'm looking at close to $450.

Reactions: Smitty335 and TxDoc
1Ktrailrider

1Ktrailrider

Dec 1, 2018
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Pull the battery and have it tested. You leave it on a charger or tender?
I leave it on a battery charger. I run 2 batteries together through a dual battery marine switch. Factory battery is bigger than the accessory battery. Both are 2yrs/10,000miles. And that's got me thinking that that could be an issue. But its not like I'm trying to fix an issue with 2 bad batteries, just old ones. Is the electrical system really that sensitive? And yes, i will surely take them out and have them load tested. Haven't been working on it for a few days so I'm just mulling over different scenarios.

• Wow
Reactions: Smitty335
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Just seems like the easiest, cheapest way to start in the trouble shooting process. I asked about the charger because some don't have smart technology and will overcharge. I leave my dual battery system hooked up to a tender year round. Don't know much about the P1's but have read that they're pretty sensitive to low power. Good luck man.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!