P1000 battery tender connections.

O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I have a deep cycle battery mounted under the seat and I have been thinking about putting a battery tender on board permanently or at least the plug in to keep from having to pull seat every time to charge , which is getting to be more often since I use the stereo in it for shop radio and I’m in the shop more now lol. My question is can I connect the charger wires to the isolator connection for the second battery and not damage the factory battery? I have searched and found a lot of info on charging both batteries but nothing that really helps me. Thanks.

Reactions: sharp
O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Just hook it to the main battery. It will charge both batteries that way.
Heres the dash mount plug i used.
Tecmate Optimate Cable O-20,... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0031BOTFC?tag=sxsweb24-20
That is a nice dash connection. I have never had a problem with factory battery staying charged so I didn’t know if I hook to it if it would read charged and not actually charge the second battery? Don’t know why just now but the thought just popped in my head that if you hook a charger to your second battery it’s going to back feed thru the cable to the isolator so it shouldn’t be any different hooking to the isolator side for that battery. Is this correct thinking?

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a deep cycle battery mounted under the seat and I have been thinking about putting a battery tender on board permanently or at least the plug in to keep from having to pull seat every time to charge , which is getting to be more often since I use the stereo in it for shop radio and I’m in the shop more now lol. My question is can I connect the charger wires to the isolator connection for the second battery and not damage the factory battery? I have searched and found a lot of info on charging both batteries but nothing that really helps me. Thanks.

I use the Wetsounds for shop radio and the .75amp battery tender couldn’t keep up so I have the 5amp battery tender and it works perfectly.
Battery Tender (022-0186G-DL-WH) 12V 5 Amp Battery Charger https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EDFPN1O/?tag=sxsweb24-20

Using the plug Glock showed you.

O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I bought the harbor freight Viking 4 amp maintainer. Have never had any issues with my bigger charger so figured I would try it.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bought the harbor freight Viking 4 amp maintainer. Have never had any issues with my bigger charger so figured I would try it.

I wouldn’t put it on a 40amp quick charge and leave it but s 4-5amp maintainer shouldn’t hurt it at all.

Reactions: O2bsmitty

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!