Multi Battery terminal

ncred02

ncred02

Jul 16, 2015
Raleigh NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Anyone know what the heck causes this? I've researched and they say a constant draw. I have nothing, that I added, that draws nonstop.

Terminal

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Anyone know what the heck causes this? I've researched and they say a constant draw. I have nothing, that I added, that draws nonstop.

View attachment 25332
Corrosion on the terminals is due to hydrogen gas being released from the acid in the battery. It mixes with other things in the atmosphere under the hood and produces the corrosion you see on the terminals. Generally, if the corrosion is occurring on the negative terminal, your system is probably undercharging. Clean it with WD-40 and it should be good

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4

View attachment 25332
What vehicle is that in. I have a constant draw and no corrosion.

ncred02

ncred02

Jul 16, 2015
Raleigh NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
What vehicle is that in. I have a constant draw and no corrosion.
2015 F250 6.2L Gasser.
I ended up going to my local auto parts store and the ran a test and said the battery if fine. So I cleaned the crap outta it and sprayed it with CRC battery terminal protectant.
I also researched the Red tops and from what I gather they are a bit over rated.

Reactions: Montecresto
Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
You did the right thing. Make sure it is good and tight.
If you had let it continue it would eat up the terminal clamp.

Reactions: JTW

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!