Calendar Bear Creek 2nd annual ride [Sep 22, 2018] (Lake Greeson, AR ??)

hoghead76

hoghead76

Feb 7, 2018
oklahoma
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We are all packed just have to wait until the husband gets off work tmrw around 3pm then It’s a 3.5 hr drive for us. We have five big aluminum pans, I plan on cutting the potatoes and frying them there, we probably have enough to do some both Friday and Saturday night. I have three bags of 12ct Hawaiian Rolls, making mini brownies and mini pumpkin bar bites as well. Also will heat up the baked beans there as well. We will bring our fold up plastic table too. Oh and since I don’t eat fish I will be bringing burgers and hotdogs for Saturday night for me and anyone else that might not want fish.

What are people thinking about the weather? I’m thinking my brother in law is going to back out, he has been texting my husband everyday concerned about it. I told Ty if he is that afraid don’t go. We will still be going and make the best of it no matter what.
Going to be there rain or shine, maybe it will not rain the hole time, will leave Friday morning they are saying we are going to get
5 to 6 in okc so my just float over there LOL.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Going to be there rain or shine, maybe it will not rain the hole time, will leave Friday morning they are saying we are going to get
Probably cut that in half at Kirby.

Pilgrim

Pilgrim

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 25, 2018
Oklahoma City
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I will be leaving okla city around ten....I agree... dust is what i am tired of.....
From what I see... gonna be a toad strangler in Okc but just a little rain in Kirby.....

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I will be leaving okla city around ten....I agree... dust is what i am tired of.....
From what I see... gonna be a toad strangler in Okc but just a little rain in Kirby.....
Going to be great to see everybody!

Reactions: YardDog
Pilgrim

Pilgrim

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 25, 2018
Oklahoma City
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We are all packed just have to wait until the husband gets off work tmrw around 3pm then It’s a 3.5 hr drive for us. We have five big aluminum pans, I plan on cutting the potatoes and frying them there, we probably have enough to do some both Friday and Saturday night. I have three bags of 12ct Hawaiian Rolls, making mini brownies and mini pumpkin bar bites as well. Also will heat up the baked beans there as well. We will bring our fold up plastic table too. Oh and since I don’t eat fish I will be bringing burgers and hotdogs for Saturday night for me and anyone else that might not want fish.

What are people thinking about the weather? I’m thinking my brother in law is going to back out, he has been texting my husband everyday concerned about it. I told Ty if he is that afraid don’t go. We will still be going and make the best of it no matter what.

I have a couple slabs of ribs in foil that are gonna need heating up.... got a small microwave in my sprinter....
If anybody has a better way to heat em up....will be thankful...

BigRed7769

BigRed7769

Aug 21, 2017
Magnolia, Ar.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a couple slabs of ribs in foil that are gonna need heating up.... got a small microwave in my sprinter....
There's ovens in the motel rooms

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Reactions: YardDog and Pilgrim
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
If you don't have a fan under your seat just take them on the ride put them on the seat on the passenger side, they will be warm, HA! My wife isn't going to ride Friday, think she has 5 lbs of pulled pork and beans to warm up, bet we or some one can warm them up in an oven for you.

WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning

My check koozie light, keeps coming on
Lifetime Member
Feb 19, 2017
Magnolia Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
If you don't have a fan under your seat just take them on the ride put them on the seat on the passenger side, they will be warm, HA! My wife isn't going to ride Friday, think she has 5 lbs of pulled pork and beans to warm up, bet we or some one can warm them up in an oven for you.
I have 25 pounds of Boston but. Sliced and pulled, plus 17 pounds of smoked ham to warm.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
We are bringing a crock pot of chili for Friday. Bowls and spoons.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
The ride is fun, but what I learned from last years food fest is, get samples of all the food, decide what you liked best and go back and load up, we will have so much food, at Macks Pines ride, we ate all we could and I went around to all the campers staying there and told them, got come eat and bring to go bowls, we still threw food away! HA!

YardDog

YardDog

Grumpy ol' fart
Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The ride is fun, but what I learned from last years food fest is, get samples of all the food, decide what you liked best and go back and load up, we will have so much food, at Macks Pines ride, we ate all we could and I went around to all the campers staying there and told them, got come eat and bring to go bowls, we still threw food away! HA!
Very true. Tried to feed the whole campground but just couldn't give it all away. One thing is for sure, everytime we have an organized ride you can count on good friends and tons of food.

YardDog

YardDog

Grumpy ol' fart
Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Unfortunately, this is true. Ringleader and I are going to miss this trip. You guys have fun and try to keep Smitry on the road and out of the ravine! Be safe!!!!!!!

Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk
Hope to see you both again on the next ride. As for keeping @Smitty335 in check...Pretty sure Melissa has that covered ;)

Reactions: Smitty335
jrplaza2008

jrplaza2008

Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jan 9, 2014
Richmond, TX
Well finally got here at 1am and somebody make me a very good welcome home!! I found this in my fridge! Yes, I’m talking to you!!! Thank you buddy!!! Great start!

Dfe7cb3955bed5fa7b80110f1d2a2739

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!