P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wow, 2 of your axles were shot? Were they grinding? And what did you replace them with?

Also, when you say the bearings were shot, did you open them up or what? I'd love to see some pics of the wear/tear/breakage if you still have the parts.

Now that you're good on bearings, seriously, get yourself a greaser and re-lube all around every time you do brakes. Your bearings will last forever. Even your brand new ones will take several pumps of grease.

Finding and identifying the squeaks is a major pain in the ass. I would suggest looking at your a-arm bushings first. s*** plastic bushings don't hold up well. Also, check all of the a-arm bolts. That long upper one is notorious for coming loose.

You'll be battling squeaks and rattles for the rest of your ownership experience. It's never ending.

Reactions: 05Willys
P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does your sound seem to come from wheel rotation, or suspension movement? If it's in wheel rotation, it has to be the brakes somehow with those new bearings in place.

Reactions: 05Willys
DIRTBILY

DIRTBILY

May 31, 2021
Grantville Ga
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Does your sound seem to come from wheel rotation, or suspension movement? If it's in wheel rotation, it has to be the brakes somehow with those new bearings in place.
I'm thinking brakes as well, I took it today to go fill feeders at my club and it's very hilly terrain. Everytime I would apply the brakes it rotational "scrub" would go away. I checked everything as I reassembled each axle, but maybe there is something I missed.

P1K5Dave, I still have everything I'll get some pics for ya. I haven't pulled the bearing apart as of yet. The axles were both on the passenger side and outer cv boot had torn and when the grease left so did the money in my account. I didn't want to do a rebuild job so I replaced with them SuperATV Rhino axles. I purchased a grease tool earlier today and plan to grease the new bearing when the pads get here.

Fingers crossed 🤞 the rotors/hub isn't the problem

Reactions: rtn001
P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah, the rhino 2.0 axles are waaay better than stockers. Stronger, cheaper, and don't require assembly. I replaced my first one with oem until I learned better.

The brakes will carry a lot of mud/sand/gravel depending on your rides. They're never truly quiet in my experience.

DIRTBILY

DIRTBILY

May 31, 2021
Grantville Ga
Ownership

1. 1000-3
P1K5Dave, this is what I saw and made me want to replace/upgrade everything. Ball bearings that should be in there all gone.

20210712 090148 20210712 090143

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
P1K5Dave, this is what I saw and made me want to replace/upgrade everything. Ball bearings that should be in there all gone.

Yikes! Yeah, those were shot to hell. Weren't they making horrible grinding noises?

Reactions: rtn001
DIRTBILY

DIRTBILY

May 31, 2021
Grantville Ga
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yikes! Yeah, those were shot to hell. Weren't they making horrible grinding noises?
I bought the P1K knowing it had one bad axle, that one actually. The rest of the issues I found once I got it home and actually drove it around the property. It was making a horrible clicking and popping sound, but that's gone now. Once I fixed that I'm now able to hear the scrubbing sound that was masked by the axles and such. Brake pads will be here today so hoping that will fix the rotational scrub sound.

Reactions: rtn001 and ch33br0h

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!