Talon Bearing Grease

H

HondaTech

If anyone has the P1K bearing greaser it will work on the Talon as well, you just have to remove the axle.

The rear is super easy, just remove the two outer radius rod nuts and swing the axle out.

Reactions: Rambo
popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If anyone has the P1K bearing greaser it will work on the Talon as well, you just have to remove the axle.

The rear is super easy, just remove the two outer radius rod nuts and swing the axle out.

You should post us a part number

D

DAJO

Mar 31, 2019
Indiana, Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon R
It would be nice to know the inside diameter of the bearing and axle size to see if the bearing greasers from my RZR would work. One is 44mm and I can't remember the other size. Had two buy both sizes for my 800/4 since it has different sizes front to back.

H

HondaTech

It would be nice to know the inside diameter of the bearing and axle size to see if the bearing greasers from my RZR would work. One is 44mm and I can't remember the other size. Had two buy both sizes for my 800/4 since it has different sizes front to back.

Honda doesn't list size but from what I can find the inner diameter of the bearing is 40mm.

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Honda doesn't list size but from what I can find the inner diameter of the bearing is 40mm.
Honda does list the bearing size in the part description. It is a standard bearing (Front and Rear are the same)...

BEARING, ANGULAR BALL (40X74X36) 91054-HL3-A41

40mm inner, 74mm outer, 36mm wide.

This means you can use any brand/manufacturer you desire if your factory bearings fail.

H

HondaTech

Honda does list the bearing size in the part description. It is a standard bearing (Front and Rear are the same)...

BEARING, ANGULAR BALL (40X74X36) 91054-HL3-A41

40mm inner, 74mm outer, 36mm wide.

This means you can use any brand/manufacturer you desire if your factory bearings fail.

I did a quick parts lookup on Babbits and they didnt show the size, should've looked at my dealer parts fiche instead.

Thanks for the correction.

D

DRKnight

Jan 31, 2019
Yuma, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon X
I have the Tiger Tool bearing greasers that I used on my Polaris also and was wondering if they might work.
Just went out and checked, and yes one was a 40 mm but only has one sealing o-ring and a elongated slot, not slotted all the way around like the one bionoicman posted which also has two o-rings. One on each side of the grease dispensing slot.

Will have to give the Polaris ones a try and see if they will work on my Talon.

If not , Thanks bionicman for the link to the right one...DRK

Reactions: bionicman
advertisement
B

bionicman

Oct 19, 2019
seattle
Ownership

1. Talon X
I'll provide measurments tommorow

-- sorry this forum doesnt allow uploads---:rolleyes::rolleyes:o_O

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!