Wheel Bearing Replacement Problems

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Where did all the $150 rotors go? I needed an extra rotor to send out to be cut like the other 4 I had done and when I went looking they were all well over $250 at the online parts houses. I ended up finding a new open box rotor on Ebay for a reasonable price but still..... I can get 14" Wilwood scalloped, drilled and vented racecar rotors for less money than Honda wants for a flat piece of stainless steel. 🙄

H

HondaTech

Where did all the $150 rotors go? I needed an extra rotor to send out to be cut like the other 4 I had done and when I went looking they were all well over $250 at the online parts houses. I ended up finding a new open box rotor on Ebay for a reasonable price but still..... I can get 14" Wilwood scalloped, drilled and vented racecar rotors for less money than Honda wants for a flat piece of stainless steel. 🙄

Retail is $363
Cost is $199

• Wow
Reactions: Smitty335 and CID
D

Dankathy

May 4, 2020
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Have no idea what the material is, but if you are set up to customize why not just make your own? Add 4 counter sunk holes and sell them for $200?

Reactions: Smitty335 and CID
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Ididthat

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Go work on your boat dock! Really how's that coming along?
Waiting for the check from the insurance company for the rolling dock system. Same goes for the boat itself. At least we were able to get the roof on the house/barn/outbuilding replaced without too much fanfare - it was the first of three claims in a ~2 month period.

Last edited:
Reactions: Smitty335
D

Dankathy

May 4, 2020
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Seems like lots of room for the aftermarket here. Don't know how much demand there is for talon specific rotors, but if someone is already doing others...... dayum

Reactions: CID and Smitty335
D

denniswestfall

Supporting Member
Oct 11, 2018
US
There's wildwood

036936079d47cae9437208fd651ce7b3

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: CID and Smitty335
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Cause when two-fiddy is too ridonkulous for one rotor, ya might as well drop a band and a half for a full front brake setup ... 🤑

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Cause when two-fiddy is too ridonkulous for one rotor, ya might as well drop a band and a half for a full front brake setup ... 🤑
This is getting as bad as bass fishing!

• Haha
Reactions: Scoop and CID
SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
PM machine sells a Talon brake upgrade kit too. It's like $2500 but comes with new rotors all the way around and some bling billet calipers with all the pistons. 😆

• Haha
Reactions: NTCPrezJB

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!