P1000 Bed Denting Already

HivoltageHonda

HivoltageHonda

Aug 6, 2015
Hernando, MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Today I noticed that I have a dent on my bed already. Seems to me Honda could have done a little better on the plastic on the bed and doors. Even though it's small still shouldn't be. I guess the kids did it last weekend somehow. Just letting you guys know.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Ouch, I wonder if you could drill a hole under the door and put a blow gun in it to pop it back out? Maybe even use a heat gun to warm the dent for encouragement.

I had to drill holes in all 4 doors of my pioneer 700 to let water drain out. You'd never know they were there.

H

HondaTech

I've seen plenty of Big Reds and Pioneer 700s used for farm use and never seen the plastics get dented in that way. They usually take a lot of abuse. What, may I ask caused this?

HivoltageHonda

HivoltageHonda

Aug 6, 2015
Hernando, MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've seen plenty of Big Reds and Pioneer 700s used for farm use and never seen the plastics get dented in that way. They usually take a lot of abuse. What, may I ask caused this?
Too be honest i don't know. When I took delivery it wasn't there. I had both kids in the back when I went riding I guess they somehow did it. I'm trying to figure how the hell I can pull it out

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
It adds character.
On my first ride I was riding thru thick brush, driving over trees and chasing down mule deer. Got nice 'n dirty. This aint no princess wagon.

Reactions: Tflynn and allgm1
T

Tate

Dec 13, 2015
Yes I had the same problem with my bed denting and looks close to the same spot. Mind was on the drivers side back door. It was cause from the seat belt buckle for the nets. I went to lift my bed to clean it and the buckle was vertical and put a dent in the top corner. I drilled a hole in it put a screw and pulled the dent out, but it still doesn't look as good as new. I think it's a weak design in the plastic for sure, never had a issue with it on 700.

tundraman

tundraman

Oct 26, 2015
Sad they cheaped out the plastic when the p700 is so good. This has slowed down my purchase of one even though I doubt they will make it better next year.

franzw

franzw

Jan 2, 2016
pacific nothwest
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well I do not know how to respond and still be diplomatic? It's a friggin toy, plastic is easy to replace and easy to clean. Maybe some people would be better off with a jeep? It has a unique niche and purpace, enjoy what it offers, oh and by the way I have a friend who would love to buy it off of you at a discount.

advertisement
tundraman

tundraman

Oct 26, 2015
Well I do not know how to respond and still be diplomatic? It's a friggin toy, plastic is easy to replace and easy to clean. Maybe some people would be better off with a jeep? It has a unique niche and purpace, enjoy what it offers, oh and by the way I have a friend who would love to buy it off of you at a discount.
It may be a toy to you and others but its a primary work vehicle on my horse farm. So far my p700 has been rock solid and yesterday I was throwing big logs in the bed with no problems. So if they cheaped out the bed its important to me. Do you have one of those big pickups so you can carry your lunch in the bed too?

franzw

franzw

Jan 2, 2016
pacific nothwest
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It may be a toy to you and others but its a primary work vehicle on my horse farm. So far my p700 has been rock solid and yesterday I was throwing big logs in the bed with no problems. So if they cheaped out the bed its important to me. Do you have one of those big pickups so you can carry your lunch in the bed too?
How did you guess? No actually I have 2 Dodge Rams, a 3500 diesel dually to haul my toys, and a 1500 Hemi juiced up to drive around town. :)

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
I have the p1k5 with the bed liner. I've thrown some very heavy logs and about 50 pounds of chain in there without thinking about. Maybe those left a little scratch - I didn't check.

I can't compare the P700 cause I didn't have one. The only thing that feels cheap to me (so far) are the 2 plastic twist tabs you use take the the hood off. No problem so far but those should be beefier - IMO.

Other than that everything meets my expectation - and I'm pretty rough on things.

tundraman

tundraman

Oct 26, 2015
How did you guess? No actually I have 2 Dodge Rams, a 3500 diesel dually to haul my toys, and a 1500 Hemi juiced up to drive around town. :)
Makes sense as you are used to cheaply made vehicles. I am not, that is why I have a Tundra.:p

Reactions: allgm1
franzw

franzw

Jan 2, 2016
pacific nothwest
Ownership

1. 1000-5
HaHa, try hauling a huge 3 popout camper on your toyota while also towing a 22 foot jet boat. Also have never had one problem with either Ram and built in the USA. Were you aware that toyota trucks were the most popular throw away trucks used by ISIS in the mideast? Was on 60 minutes. American trucks are made last and enjoy. Get praises all the time of my Hemi. Enjoy your under powered toy truck. :)

J

Jack39

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 12, 2015
Wareham, MA (near cape cod)
The Toyota Tundra is damn near indestructible. I drive a Ford and love it, but I used to haul trash into various landfills, and Tundra is by far the most commonly used. I asked an official at the incinerator how the jeeps they had bought were working out, and he said "they are okay, but they are not Toyotas. He said he had run several landfills, and the Tacoma was the only vehicle that stood up to the abuse the "goons" put them through.c

blackdog2086

blackdog2086

Jul 31, 2015
HaHa, try hauling a huge 3 popout camper on your toyota while also towing a 22 foot jet boat. Also have never had one problem with either Ram and built in the USA. Were you aware that toyota trucks were the most popular throw away trucks used by ISIS in the mideast? Was on 60 minutes. American trucks are made last and enjoy. Get praises all the time of my Hemi. Enjoy your under powered toy truck. :)
ISIS is using the Toyota HiLux which is the probably the highest selling and one of the most durable trucks in the world. Watch the Top Gear episode about them doing their best to try and break one.

And if you want to go the made in USA route, the Toyota Tundra is more American made than your Ram. Don't believe me? Look it up.

CBC89

CBC89

Aug 8, 2015
ISIS is using the Toyota HiLux which is the probably the highest selling and one of the most durable trucks in the world. Watch the Top Gear episode about them doing their best to try and break one.

And if you want to go the made in USA route, the Toyota Tundra is more American made than your Ram. Don't believe me? Look it up.
All RAM trucks are made in Mexico. It's impossible to find anything these days 100% American Made. Most US American Companies have mfg. plants all over the world due to cost reasons. And these days more Foreign Auto Companies such as Toyota, Honda and Nissan have US plants to service this region. No matter what brand, at least 25-30% of parts are globally sourced anyways. Buy what you like in a vehicle, but in SXS and ATV buy a Honda.

Reactions: bigsnowman