Bed Rattling

Tot

Tot

Lifetime Member
Dec 14, 2015
Des Arc, Arkansas
Not sure if this has been posted on here before, I feel like it has but I'm not sure. I need some help with adjustments on the bed to keep it from raddling. I tried tape on the latches but it made it hard to close.

Any help would be appreciated, pictures or point me in the right direction on another forum page. Thanks!!

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I searched and cannot find the post but there are a few solutions and all worked. In a nutshell the metal hooks that hold the bed down are part of the culprit, some have covered them with a rubber tubing or black electrical tape / heat shrink that stops that one. Next is your doors that rattle at idle there is an allen head adjustment and rubber stop grommets that can be adjusted to stop that. Lastly is the Roof if you have one, and you can either put a little two sided tape between the parts that make noise, usually about mid-point where the roll cage front / rear joins up.

Tot

Tot

Lifetime Member
Dec 14, 2015
Des Arc, Arkansas
I searched and cannot find the post but there are a few solutions and all worked. In a nutshell the metal hooks that hold the bed down are part of the culprit, some have covered them with a rubber tubing or black electrical tape / heat shrink that stops that one. Next is your doors that rattle at idle there is an allen head adjustment and rubber stop grommets that can be adjusted to stop that. Lastly is the Roof it you have it and you can either put a little two sided tape between the parts that make noise, usually about mid-point where the roll cage front / rear joins up.
I'll try the tape on the bed latches again with a different tape. I got the doors stopped shortly after I got it. As for the roof I can see where the weather strip needs to go, but it hasn't been much of a problem noise wise for me.

Thanks Jackal!

Tot

Tot

Lifetime Member
Dec 14, 2015
Des Arc, Arkansas
Reactions: Scooterchris
amc019

amc019

Lifetime Member
Jan 23, 2016
Little Rock, Ar
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I adjusted the latch part on the bed itself up to where I have to slam the bed down to get it to stay locked, but it sure doesn't rattle! the holes for the bolts on the bed are slotted.

Reactions: joeymt33 and Tot
Tot

Tot

Lifetime Member
Dec 14, 2015
Des Arc, Arkansas
I have to slam mine as it is, heck probably 60% of the time I have to reach in and push the lever down to get it to lock in place like it should.

A

AK_Centurion

Feb 12, 2016
Eagle River, AK
The seats also rattle in the down position, just found out the last ride, haven't messed with those yet.

advertisement
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I adjusted the latch part on the bed itself up to where I have to slam the bed down to get it to stay locked, but it sure doesn't rattle! the holes for the bolts on the bed are slotted.

This is what I did and works great.

adnoh

adnoh

Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2013
I wrapped mine with electrical tape. It stopped rattles

A

AK_Centurion

Feb 12, 2016
Eagle River, AK
Can you tell me the battery cable heat shrink part number? I'd like to get some of that stuff.

I had some left over from an install years ago, I don't have a part number. Got it from local parts store. 1/0 cable, heavy wall adhesive lined is what I asked for.

walexa07

walexa07

Lifetime Member
Feb 6, 2016
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had some left over from an install years ago, I don't have a part number. Got it from local parts store. 1/0 cable, heavy wall adhesive lined is what I asked for.

Would 1/0 be close to 1" ID? I found some heavy marine grade adhesive lined shrink tube but it doesn't come in gauge sizes just fractions of an inch up to 1".

Waylan

Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I adjusted the latches on the bed up about 1/8" of a inch it makes it latch tighter on the runner pads helped a lot.

A

AK_Centurion

Feb 12, 2016
Eagle River, AK
Would 1/0 be close to 1" ID? I found some heavy marine grade adhesive lined shrink tube but it doesn't come in gauge sizes just fractions of an inch up to 1".

Waylan

Looked at the wrap I have. It does .750"- .220"

walexa07

walexa07

Lifetime Member
Feb 6, 2016
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looked at the wrap I have. It does .750"- .220"

Awesome - thanks for taking the time to look at that for me. My fix about 3 weeks ago was to find hose/tubing with the right ID and split it over the rod that the latch, then put good zip ties on each end of the split tubing. Works like a champ but my fear is that since the tubing is split it will eventually catch, pull off, zip ties break, etc. This shrink tubing over the whole assembly looks like a more permanent fix.

Waylan

Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Forgive me if I missed an attachment. Also someone here used black foam tubing, the kind pre slit up the side and fit a piece over the rear lateral seat backs then everything was tight between the bed and seat in the down position. That is how I remember that post.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!