P1000 Honda Pioneer Cab Windows Rattling.....

G

Griffbl

Jan 27, 2021
Dallas TX
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have a 2017 Pioneer with Cab, low time, and the windows rattle BADLY. There does not appear to be any felt in the tracks or anything that dampens the noise....I need to replace a fastener or two inside the cab, but this is awful. Any suggestions much appreciated.
34F85DD1 D64D 4723 9946 B032B3169E22
CCCC6F46 D5B2 4B2E BDE7 3956FC23B4F5
986DD4B5 D56F 4A15 BCAF 33B79AFCF4FA
E9F8067F 8E22 488F BB0A 31DAA905C8A1

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
Okay I bought a used P1000 with the hard cab last summer and noticed the rattleling windows. I asked the guy I bought it from if the windows always rattled. He said yes. Anyway after buying it and getting it home , I took the doors apart and found that the rubber pieces that go into the tracks to prevent the window rattle had slipped down the track and into the inside of the doors. I my solution was to slide the rubber back up and I used silicone in behind the rubber and the track to keep the rubber from sliding back down. Pull your doors apart and you'll more then likely find the rubber inside.

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
I also added some automotive weather stripping from the rear door of a van, to seal up the windows a bit better in the winter. The plastic outer frame lets lots of air around the back and top so by doing this little mod It stopped pretty much all the air from coming in around the windows.

IMG 3433 IMG 3428 IMG 3432 IMG 3435

G

Griffbl

Jan 27, 2021
Dallas TX
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Okay I bought a used P1000 with the hard cab last summer and noticed the rattleling windows. I asked the guy I bought it from if the windows always rattled. He said yes. Anyway after buying it and getting it home , I took the doors apart and found that the rubber pieces that go into the tracks to prevent the window rattle had slipped down the track and into the inside of the doors. I my solution was to slide the rubber back up and I used silicone in behind the rubber and the track to keep the rubber from sliding back down. Pull your doors apart and you'll more then likely find the rubber inside.
THANK YOU SO MUCH! I fished out the rubber pieces just exactly as did you! I have not siliconed them yet, but I re-installed them and the Honda is so much better now! Thanks again slowdryrider!

Best,

Brad

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!