P1000 Bed Storage Drawers ?

L

lifeisgoodsteve

Feb 13, 2021
Bitterroot Valley, MT
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Hi All,

Out of curiosity, has anyone made bed drawers for their Pioneer?

Seems like it would be great to have the storage for tools, etc. at lower cg than roof, plus use of the bed. Even thought it would be nice to fab up an ultra-simple frame that would accept side wood panels to raise the sides of the bed when need it, plus could install a lock for a little added security when parked for extended periods when backpacking, hunting, etc..

Thanks,

Steve

Screen Shot 2021 03 15 at 122717 PM
Screen Shot 2021 03 15 at 122905 PM

Screen Shot 2021 03 15 at 123558 PM

(think Pioneer size smaller version of these walls to extend bed walls higher if use bed storage drawers)

Last edited:
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I think @ohanacreek made something like this for his?

BTW the Bitterroot Valley is a beautiful area. Never been there and hope too in the not too distant future. My ex brother inlaw’s sister that lives there on the river has sent me some pics, just beautiful. Would love to do some hunting out there.

Reactions: Lady01 and Hondasxs
L

lifeisgoodsteve

Feb 13, 2021
Bitterroot Valley, MT
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

BTW the Bitterroot Valley is a beautiful area. Never been there and hope too in the not too distant future. My ex brother inlaw’s sister that lives there on the river has sent me some pics, just beautiful. Would love to do some hunting out there.
Thanks. Hopefully he’ll chime in. Else I’ll probably look to make a simple one up.

Yes, I’m new there but love it. The access to the mountains is fantastic so I’m looking forward to exploring it. Could probably use a mule more than a sxs for getting game out. Ha, if I am so lucky.

cheers

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Thanks. Hopefully he’ll chime in. Else I’ll probably look to make a simple one up.

Yes, I’m new there but love it. The access to the mountains is fantastic so I’m looking forward to exploring it. Could probably use a mule more than a sxs for getting game out. Ha, if I am so lucky.

cheers

POST 913 Has pics and some explanation.

These are the only two pics I have during build.

I laid a bead of silicone and then riveted it down.
I wish I could’ve made it from Aluminum but I don’t have the equipment to weld aluminum. Solid steel was WAY to heavy. The drawer is about 50-70 lbs I have the weight written down somewhere but I don’t remember where.

ABCFEA17 D8CB 4324 8D4E 8B107D4E4175 72D8C738 6325 44E6 A544 C37C8A2321F1

L

lifeisgoodsteve

Feb 13, 2021
Bitterroot Valley, MT
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Great, thanks for sharing. Aside from the weight, are you happy with the usefulness of it?

Mine will be the 3 seater so also saving some weight there. I might start with a wood box and drawers then consider fabricating something after I learn from mistakes I’ll surely make.

MuddHonda

MuddHonda

Jul 17, 2018
Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hi All,

Seems like it would be great to have the storage for tools, etc. at lower cg than roof, plus use of the bed. Even thought it would be nice to fab up an ultra-simple frame that would accept side wood panels to raise the sides of the bed when need it, plus could install a lock for a little added security when parked for extended periods when backpacking, hunting, etc..

Thanks,

Steve

View attachment 260799View attachment 260800
View attachment 260801
(think Pioneer size smaller version of these walls to extend bed walls higher if use bed storage drawers)
Hi All,

Thanks,

Steve

View attachment 260801

Hi All,

Thanks,

Steve

View attachment 260801
I built the sides and can put a plywood shelf over the boxes
Side boards

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Great, thanks for sharing. Aside from the weight, are you happy with the usefulness of it?

Mine will be the 3 seater so also saving some weight there. I might start with a wood box and drawers then consider fabricating something after I learn from mistakes I’ll surely make.
Yes I’d been wanting to build it for 2-3 years it’s REALLY convenient and makes much better use of space than trying to fit random sized toolboxes in the bed.
The packout mounts on top and under are useful to swap out what I’m carrying if need be.
Hold the packout boxes TIGHT

rainbowlane speed shop makes metal packout mounts they even make a 1.5 wide mount that fits the talon.

having the mounts flush let’s me use a Honda bed liner I picked up on a trade.

L

lifeisgoodsteve

Feb 13, 2021
Bitterroot Valley, MT
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I built the sides and can put a plywood shelf over the boxesView attachment 260977
Looks great. Did you simply screw the side panels into the side of the bed?

I suppose the bed is not so deep that one wouldn't necessarily need a drawer if you could find a box that optimizes the use of space to simply pull out from under the plywood shelf. Would be easy enough to build a back wood panel too, secured on the sides that could be put in if putting things on top of the shelf.

Like the concept of the packout mounting system on top too as an option.

Reactions: Lady01

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!