drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
No kidding... I've been trying to install my turn signal kit for two days now. I know, I know it's not supposed to be a hard job... I can do anything mechanical but when it comes to wiring, I go brain dead. That's why I took my SxS to Delton and let him do the wiring after I installed the winch. You wouldn't believe that words that have come out of my mouth in the last two days. My Wife won't come around me when I get like that.. lol. Anyway, I'm sure one of you wizbangs could do it for your weight in beer, right? I got power to the flasher, and then on to the switch. When I put my tester on either side of the switch... flash, flash, flash, but hook up the led lights and nothing... :mad: Probably something simple but I'm done with it...

On another note, how do you like my new wheels and tires?
20160913 120814

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Those tires look so cute

I guess I'm too far to make the trip but I'd like to if I was closer.

SIGNATURE:

Quote by DrFubar: joeymt33, this could be your next signature: "I should be more understanding. I should know by now that a little hill to me probably is a big hill to you.;)"

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Don't get mad and take one of these to your machine!

39f44c133b64af25ba17712afcc5aad9

SIGNATURE:

Quote by DrFubar: joeymt33, this could be your next signature: "I should be more understanding. I should know by now that a little hill to me probably is a big hill to you.;)"

Reactions: sharp
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
No kidding... I've been trying to install my turn signal kit for two days now. I know, I know it's not supposed to be a hard job... I can do anything mechanical but when it comes to wiring, I go brain dead. That's why I took my SxS to Delton and let him do the wiring after I installed the winch. You wouldn't believe that words that have come out of my mouth in the last two days. My Wife won't come around me when I get like that.. lol. Anyway, I'm sure one of you wizbangs could do it for your weight in beer, right? I got power to the flasher, and then on to the switch. When I put my tester on either side of the switch... flash, flash, flash, but hook up the led lights and nothing... :mad: Probably something simple but I'm done with it...

On another note, how do you like my new wheels and tires?
View attachment 22056

Reverse the polarity of the led's. Maybe they are backwards. They will only light up one way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Don't feel bad..I'm electrically challenged as well. Took me a week to figure out wiring my 5 pin rocker switches.:eek:
Drink beer and drive on!
That thing oughta get it on the highway with them tires.

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Don't get mad and take one of these to your machine!

View attachment 22057

SIGNATURE:

Don't think I didn't contemplate it. I'm going back up to the garage and tear everything back out.....

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I even tried to get the leds to light by direct power / ground... nothing
Grab a plain old incandescent bulb and hook it up to see if the wiring is right. It's possible you got defective lights. If your test light is flashing you must have done something right!

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
You get fast response time with that header! I wouldn't think that all are out but ehart is steering you towards the right direction. Just keep going but eliminate one thing at a time. Take your time wiring sucks

advertisement
drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Grab a plain old incandescent bulb and hook it up to see if the wiring is right. It's possible you got defective lights. If your test light is flashing you must have done something right!
Oh, my test light has worked from the beginning I just had the wires backwards. Still fighting with the passenger side. I'll get back at it tomorrow.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
DrF just move to Idaho I'll help. Btw just follow the factory lines from the taillights that way you won't have any problems when using dump. They are fairly easy to run that way as well.

Sent from iPhone

Last edited:
Reactions: drfubar
drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Ownership

1. 1000-3
DrF just move to Idaho I'll help. Btw just follow the factory lines from the taillights that way you won't have any problems when using dump. They are fairly easy to run that way as well.

Sent from iPhone
I put the rear turn signals in the corners of the roof... Won't have a problem with the dump.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Good idea visible too.

Sent from iPhone

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Do those LEDs have resistors

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Been there!!

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Those tires look so cute

SIGNATURE:

Er, a, thanks. Not sure I'm comfortable with you using cute when describing my fire-breathing, NOS injected Pioneer.o_O

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!