Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Mine could use a set lol.
Even replaced the set on our current machine but they are back to s***.

View attachment 166562

This winter was planning on buying a new set yet again but reinforcing them before install. If you decide to do this and they are direct replacement we’d definitely be interested.
I measured one time and 1 "sch. 80 blk. will fit right inside tight or maybe 1 1/4?

Reactions: JTW and Delton
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I measured one time and 1 "sch. 80 blk. will fit right inside tight or maybe 1 1/4?
Thatd work. Drill couple holes in oem tube then plug weld that sleeve in there. Would have to be a preventative measure though. No way that a a sch80 is gonna slide in my crumpled up stuff lol

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Thatd work. Drill couple holes in oem tube then plug weld that sleeve in there. Would have to be a preventative measure though. No way that a a sch80 is gonna slide in my crumpled up stuff lol
Yep, no way, mine either!

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think so too considering how many damaged ones are out there. Even undamaged those stock ones won't hold a self rapper for sh*t. On mine im gonna weld in some brackets to tubing then use countersunk flat head bolts to hold skid plate along the sides. I've tried everything with stock tubing and they've all sucked. Self tapping, nutserts, tacked in flange nuts....theyve all failed. Tired of that crap

Nutserts and tube gussets is pretty much indestructible. I honestly feel like the whole machine is stiffer

IMG 20190529 212413

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Almost every one of my 3/8 serts pulled out.
I tapped 1/4-20 through the angle and pipe, red locktight, and no problems. I would not do less than 0.120 on all the bars if u make them. Really needs a kicker in the back for the unsupported tube past the B pillar. I did pull my drivers side off before installing the angle and after looking at it... thought crap, this is going to be some work to get right. Im sure i was probably 2 days away from a ride though haha.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I tapped 1/4-20 through the angle and pipe, red locktight, and no problems. I would not do less than 0.120 on all the bars if u make them. Really needs a kicker in the back for the unsupported tube past the B pillar. I did pull my drivers side off before installing the angle and after looking at it... thought crap, this is going to be some work to get right. Im sure i was probably 2 days away from a ride though haha.
Mine were all in that paper thin factory crap so no surprise they failed. And yeah gonna be some work. Probably over my head but ill have fun trying.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!