Best lower door inserts. Super atv vs honda genuine

Mcclain210

Mcclain210

Jul 21, 2020
North East, Ohio
Ownership

1. Talon R
Which lower doors are better in your guys opinion? Super atv lowers or the honda oem lowers. Im ocd about fit and finish and dont want a rattly mess. I have zero issue paying more for quality. Heard mixed reviews about honda ones so thats why im asking. Thanks.

Reactions: TxDoc
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I had the SATV door lowers and liked them, 7 holes per side and 4 were dimpled from Honda so you couldn't miss drill them. There's 3/8" gap around the edges. @Lil_Steve has Honda's OEM lowers, maybe he'll comment. I know that they need to have notches cut in the door so they fit, the SATV don't.

Having said that - with the radiator up front, the cab heat in the Talon is uncomfortable for me and I'm a desert rat at heart - I'd much rather be cooking than cold. 🥶 🥶 🥶 I won't be installing lowers in the new Talon, Rokblokz keep the debris out and the open doors let 'some' of the heat out (not as much as I'd thought). I've been riding in 30* temps wearing tennis shoes and I'm still comfortable.

Super ATV, they have a slight crease to follow the body contour.
I DMCdZRG L

I 5jkjbwk L

Last edited:
N

nobeer142

Aug 18, 2020
Chippewa Falls Wisconsin
Ownership

1. Talon X
I put Tusk brand on and they come with a rubber seal that you put around the edge to help close the gap. I put black caulk around it when i was done to keep dirt and water out. It seems from what I see the gap is the same on all of them along with mounting.

Mcclain210

Mcclain210

Jul 21, 2020
North East, Ohio
Ownership

1. Talon R
I had the SATV door lowers and liked them, 7 holes per side and 4 were dimpled from Honda so you couldn't miss drill them. There's 3/8" gap around the edges. @Lil_Steve has Honda's OEM lowers, maybe he'll comment. I know that they need to have notches cut in the door so they fit, the SATV don't.

Having said that - with the radiator up front, the cab heat in the Talon is uncomfortable for me and I'm a desert rat at heart - I'd much rather be cooking than cold. 🥶 🥶 🥶 I won't be installing lowers in the new Talon, Rokblokz keep the debris out and the open doors let 'some' of the heat out (not as much as I'd thought). I've been riding in 30* temps wearing tennis shoes and I'm still comfortable.

Super ATV, they have a slight crease to follow the body contour.
View attachment 251470

View attachment 251471
Did you notice your foot ever bumping the door stop getting in and out of the cab with the super atv ones? Looks like it could possibly get in the way.

Reactions: TxDoc
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I have the Honda ones on mine, they suck! It feels like its an afterthought they ways they're designed, a buddy has SuperATV on his, much better fit & finish than mine.

Mcclain210

Mcclain210

Jul 21, 2020
North East, Ohio
Ownership

1. Talon R
I feel like honda dropped the ball on their accessory line with some items. It seems like the super atv bumpers, lower doors and other companies are making much stronger and better products.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Did you notice your foot ever bumping the door stop getting in and out of the cab with the super atv ones? Looks like it could possibly get in the way.
Yes, they seemed to be 4" x 6", always in the way and I'm not sure that they accomplished anything (maybe prevented 'flapping in the breeze' ). Note that I'm north of 70 and swinging my leg over the door sill isn't all that easy anymore.

Reactions: Smitty335
Lil_Steve

Lil_Steve

May 22, 2019
Gilbert, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon R

I have the Honda ones on mine, they suck! It feels like its an afterthought they ways they're designed, a buddy has SuperATV on his, much better fit & finish than mine.

I agree the Honda door lowers suck. For an OEM accessory the fit and finish is terrible.

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
I feel like honda dropped the ball on their accessory line with some items. It seems like the super atv bumpers, lower doors and other companies are making much stronger and better products.
Thanks for input! You guys made my decision pretty easy
I have the Honda lower doors and they fit perfect if you install them correctly. They look factory and do not rattle. However, they are a total pain in the A$$ to install correctly. The trick is to cut enough of the door away to make the brackets on the lower doors fit flat/flush. If you don't cut the correct amount away, they fit horrible and can stick out at the bottom.

I opted for the Honda ones because I found them cheaper than any of the aftermarket ones at the time and I am a cheap bastard ;). VERY glad I got them.

D

DAJO

Mar 31, 2019
Indiana, Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon R
I have no problem with fit or finish with my Honda door lowers. Took the time to install right and they look like they came from the factory. They still did not take that long to install just a little more attention to detail. They were the only ones available at that time.

Doogle

Doogle

Nov 30, 2020
Surprise,Az Cincinnati,OH
Ownership

1. Talon R
I have the Honda lower doors and they fit perfect if you install them correctly. They look factory and do not rattle. However, they are a total pain in the A$$ to install correctly. The trick is to cut enough of the door away to make the brackets on the lower doors fit flat/flush. If you don't cut the correct amount away, they fit horrible and can stick out at the bottom.

I opted for the Honda ones because I found them cheaper than any of the aftermarket ones at the time and I am a cheap bastard ;). VERY glad I got them.
I like the "Cheap" statement. Many older people grew up with hand me downs and mom made clothes. We collected Coke bottles for the 2 cent return. Now we buy $25k machines and still try to squeeze the nickle till the buffalo poops. I'm trying to buck that trait. When my tires wear out, I've started buying new, instead of partially worn. For the newer generations: buffalos were on the face of nickles until 1938.

D

Dankathy

May 4, 2020
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Just shoot me a PM whenever you need anything, and I'll get you the weekly code!

tenor.gif
Dangit! Wish i had know about this when i bought the glass windshield and the rear window! Oh well, live and learn

Reactions: SuperATV

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!