HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
My Pioneer 1000 has a lot of dealer-installed Honda accessories including an inside rear-view mirror. I've been satisfied with the Honda brand accessories except for the inside rear-view mirror.

The mirror attaches to the upper horizontal tube frame across the top of the windshield and is too high for comfortable or ergonomic viewing. I've looked at a lot of other brand mirrors but never found anything better.

I was a little skeptical but for $16 it was worth a try. Best of all I ordered it on my wife's Amazon Prime account so it was free.

I wanted to install it on the bottom section of the flip-up windshield but found the mirror is too low so see over the seat back. I removed it and installed it near the top of the windshield and it works great. It's at a more comfortable viewing height than the Honda brand mirror.

The suction cup is covered withs a sticky film so I think it will adhere well.

I'll post this now and see if I can take a couple of photos to post later. DSC 3394 DSC 3396 DSC 3403
DSC 3404

As you can see, I haven't removed the Honda mirror yet. It's the convex mirror above the Amazon mirror.

Last edited:
gullyjumper

gullyjumper

Sep 30, 2016
cookeville tn
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Great price but I use the honda brand and works great . Hope that one will do the same !

Red500

Red500

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2018
Greeneville, Tn.
Ownership

1. 500
I just don't have any luck with review mirrors. Every time I put one in it has this really ugly dude staring back at me. But if I turn around to look for him he is never there untill I look in the mirror again. It's really creepy.

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Great price but I use the honda brand and works great . Hope that one will do the same !
I agree that the Honda brand mirror is well-made but unless you're 6' 4" it requires looking up at the sky to see what is behind. I find it awkward and uncomfortable to use.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
🤔.....so you have to close the windshield or adjust mirror when you want to look back? Is it mounted to the actual windshield?.......can't really tell from the pic

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
🤔.....so you have to close the windshield or adjust mirror when you want to look back? Is it mounted to the actual windshield?.......can't really tell from the pic

It is attached to the top of the windshield. Swinging the windshield out does change the mirror adjustment slightly but that's not a problem. I never open the windshield farther than about a 2" opening.

I live at about 2900" elevation in a heavily wooded area in southern WV. The highest temp we've seen in the four years we've lived here has been 88°.

I initially mounted the suction cup at the upper edge of the bottom part of the swing out windshield. That didn't work because the seat back and window opening in the Honda hard cab back are too high.

If you click on the photos they should enlarge to allow you to see details a little better.

The perfect inside rear view mirror would be one that mounts to the upper horizontal frame tubing like the Honda mirror but has a longer extension arm that would reach down another six inches. I have not found that mirror.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just don't have any luck with review mirrors. Every time I put one in it has this really ugly dude staring back at me. But if I turn around to look for him he is never there untill I look in the mirror again. It's really creepy.

Hire a drop dead gorgeous babe as your chauffeur. Spend most of your time staring at her. You won't think it's creepy, though she may. Good news is the ugly dude in the rear view mirror will mostly be a thing of the past.

When you take this advice, it's most important to do as @Remington keeps telling us.

W

Wilson1

Mar 25, 2020
Salt Lake City Ut
Ownership

1. Talon R
Has anyone installed a Wink mirror in their Talon. I am thinking that would be a good way to go.

X50

X50

Lifetime Member
Oct 13, 2021
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've got the Honda mirror and have the hard mid-panel. With the mirror mounted in the center, I could only see the road about 10 feet behind the SxS and it was a substantial deviation from looking forward to look in the mirror.

I flipped the mount and it substantially lowered the mirror, giving a very good view. Moving it to directly in front of me, instead of centered, gives a good view that only requires looking up a little to see it.

PXL 20211222 225358041 1

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I've got the Honda mirror and have the hard mid-panel. With the mirror mounted in the center, I could only see the road about 10 feet behind the SxS and it was a substantial deviation from looking forward to look in the mirror.

I flipped the mount and it substantially lowered the mirror, giving a very good view. Moving it to directly in front of me, instead of centered, gives a good view that only requires looking up a little to see it.

View attachment 347283
Is that the bionic mirror mount?

advertisement
X50

X50

Lifetime Member
Oct 13, 2021
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No, it is the mount that came from the factory. (It's an SE and the mirror was standard equipment.)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!