Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Rear view's kind of suck either way IMO. Went through a few and ended up with the expensive Honda one. Modified it to sit further out and lower, like it should've been originally. Still sucks compared to side mirrors. To answer your question though, I prefer flat to convex.

Jankyeye

Jankyeye

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2021
Tampa, Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
I have a large convex, I found it worked best over the driver side to show a wide angle of the left and right side.
The biggest complaint I have is that the ropes are so high that the mirror isn’t very ergonomic. I have to look for it and tend to forget about it.

Reactions: ODAMO and Buggyman
StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a 15" convex and prefer convex to flat for the wide-angle view. There are a lot of options at about $20.
Something to note is that the 1.75" clamps that came with my mirror wouldn't fit between the ROPS bar and windshield.
I bought a different strap-type 1.75" clamp that would fit under the windshield (and used the mirror clamps for a shovel mount).
I agree with others that the rearview mirrors tend to be pretty high up out of your sight line. The benefit of the other clamps is that they are longer and dropped my mirror lower. If it's a big issue, I'm sure a little handy work can extend them more.

Glank

Glank

Jul 20, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a 15" convex and prefer convex to flat for the wide-angle view. There are a lot of options at about $20.
Something to note is that the 1.75" clamps that came with my mirror wouldn't fit between the ROPS bar and windshield.
I bought a different strap-type 1.75" clamp that would fit under the windshield (and used the mirror clamps for a shovel mount).
I agree with others that the rearview mirrors tend to be pretty high up out of your sight line. The benefit of the other clamps is that they are longer and dropped my mirror lower. If it's a big issue, I'm sure a little handy work can extend them more.

View attachment 347778
I bought the same. I like it, but there is a lot going on with my front ROPS bar with the Honda windshield and roof. It's a little off center so I have to lean right a little for the full view, but I typically lean right anyway.

toddvdh

toddvdh

Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2020
Green Bay, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Convex for me. I don’t really use it for anything other than seeing headlights behind me.

Reactions: Buggyman

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!