P1000 Best way to remove the display?

Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Those that have changed out your dash display what's the easiest way to get to it? The repair manual states to remove fender and complete dash.

Reactions: Ridem32
B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I don't understand. Aftermarket dash displays?

Or did yours poop and you just need a new OEM one?

I took my dash off before and I'm almost certain your stuck with doing the same to get that thing out of there

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I submerged the oem display once they get wet they go out. Go figure. I have new one on order. The dash don't seem to be to much of a issue it's the front finders I don't want to remove.

B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
To get the dash off you have e to take the fenders off. Which are the easiest part. its like 6 plastic rivets.

The front panel has a bunch of threaded screws under the hood, 2 on top near fenders, and a few here and there. Takes about an hour to get it off and an hour to get it back together.

The fastest way to do it is just do it. I farted around for a few hours trying to find ways to not take everything off. It was just so much easier and faster to just do the work.

Reactions: Bayouownbeer
B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
To get the dash off you have e to take the fenders off. Which are the easiest part. its like 6 plastic rivets.

The front panel has a bunch of threaded screws under the hood, 2 on top near fenders, and a few here and there. Takes about an hour to get it off and an hour to get it back together.

The fastest way to do it is just do it. I farted around for a few hours trying to find ways to not take everything off. It was just so much easier and faster to just do the work.

Actually I don't think you have to fully remove the fenders. Just the front retainers and 2 on the top of the door where the little triangle pieces go for the windows.... You will see what I'm talking about

Reactions: Ridem32
Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Actually I don't think you have to fully remove the fenders. Just the front retainers and 2 on the top of the door where the little triangle pieces go for the windows.... You will see what I'm talking about

Gotcha ok thanks. When I said front finders I meant the colored front plastics. The repair manual states to remove them then the dash.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!