P1000 Best windshield for Pioneer 1000??

M

MNDrew

Nov 22, 2018
MN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
3B517C13 9519 463F A523 CB315C60A93C

Reactions: Mudwing and TripleB
M

MNDrew

Nov 22, 2018
MN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Alumilite Armor - tilt out... another great option.

217FD6AC DE64 452E ADBE 821534860A0C

Luckybeer

Luckybeer

Nov 20, 2018
Canada
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Really nice windshield!! Looks great..

Moneypit

Moneypit

Feb 26, 2016
Oregon
You may know this by now but if not check out "Hard Cabs" they are making a flip up glass windshield that looks to be of great quality and works with factory hardtop and will work with full hard doors as well!

advertisement
Moneypit

Moneypit

Feb 26, 2016
Oregon
LOL ....... not counting laying over and such, trees and limbs would destroy it.
I have had glass on mine since day one (2016)because of all the trees and limbs we ride through. Very durable. Now riding through limbs with it wide open would likely break it yes. I just got the super atv poly flip up. Great window but would be way better if it were glass. Much easier to clean and I can run a wiper without worrying about scratching. Also use mine a ton in the winter plowing so I want it sealed up tight as possible.

IMG 20190225 082820

Reactions: TripleB
BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have had glass on mine since day one (2016)because of all the trees and limbs we ride through. Very durable. Now riding through limbs with it wide open would likely break it yes. I just got the super atv poly flip up. Great window but would be way better if it were glass. Much easier to clean and I can run a wiper without worrying about scratching. Also use mine a ton in the winter plowing so I want it sealed up tight as possible.

View attachment 205976
Yes, I have glass in mine also AND ride with it open often ..... BUT the difference is mine folds DOWN, next to the hood rather than up high to be destroyed by trees/limbs. ARMORTECH - TOUGHEST ON EARTH

Last edited:
Moneypit

Moneypit

Feb 26, 2016
Oregon
Yes, I have glass in mine also AND ride with it open often ..... BUT the difference is mine folds DOWN, next to the hood rather than up high to be destroyed by trees/limbs. ARMORTECH - TOUGHEST ON EARTH
I like that design as well. It is nice how the others crack open for a bit of ventilation without being all the way open. Nice to see good options though. Thanks for the post

Reactions: BigOL3
Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
What are you doing that would destroy it
I had the honda oe hard coat. I made it ten ten in minutes into the woods with these guys and broke the windshield. I also watched the satv on the other machines take a beating with no damage. I'll be replacing my Honda windshield with the satv flip up.

Moneypit

Moneypit

Feb 26, 2016
Oregon
I had the honda oe hard coat. I made it ten ten in minutes into the woods with these guys and broke the windshield. I also watched the satv on the other machines take a beating with no damage. I'll be replacing my Honda windshield with the satv flip up.
Good to know. I have the SATV one on now but it won't fit the bill come winter time as it leaves a good 4-5 inch gap between hard top and windshield. I have taken some hard hits to my oem glass one without a scratch one. The clarity and ease of cleaning is unmatched with the glass. I just need it to open and flip. up. We have insane dust here in the summer months and it sticks to the poly like crazy. I suppose we all have our needs and wants. Nice to finally have some good options.

J

JTW

Good to know. I have the SATV one on now but it won't fit the bill come winter time as it leaves a good 4-5 inch gap between hard top and windshield. I have taken some hard hits to my oem glass one without a scratch one. The clarity and ease of cleaning is unmatched with the glass. I just need it to open and flip. up. We have insane dust here in the summer months and it sticks to the poly like crazy. I suppose we all have our needs and wants. Nice to finally have some good options.
That gap is easy to close up

Moneypit

Moneypit

Feb 26, 2016
Oregon
That gap is easy to close up
It would be for sure but I don't want to run a wiper on poly. For the riding I do glass is the best option hands down.
I posted the Hard Cabs flip up to show others what was available if they didnt already know.

Reactions: TripleB
C

cattmann

Oct 26, 2018
canada
Ownership

1. 500
I installed the factory glass windshield on my 2021 pioneer 1000 and love it.I can release the 2 lower clamps and push the windshield open on the bottom very easily.I will come up with some sort of lock to hold it from bouncing when driving but other than that it works great pivoting on the factory top brackets.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!