P700 Big gun

R

Random

Jun 18, 2017
Bloomington IN
Ownership

1. 700-2
I've installed the Big Gun exhaust and have their power box but yet to install it. The information with the pipe tries to scare you into using it. Acts as though the lean produced by the pipe will cook the motor. I haven't found that to be the case at all. If you leave your airbox alone and only mess with the slip on pipe it's not really lean acting at all, I don't have an afr meter but have jetted stuff for 40 years and it seems fine. I did switch to the quite core as it was too loud without it and would be less lean with the quite core. The extra power is very noticeable. If and when I do airbox mods I will add the fueler then.

M

motorman18

Apr 28, 2016
Laurel, MS
I've installed the Big Gun exhaust and have their power box but yet to install it. The information with the pipe tries to scare you into using it. Acts as though the lean produced by the pipe will cook the motor. I haven't found that to be the case at all. If you leave your airbox alone and only mess with the slip on pipe it's not really lean acting at all, I don't have an afr meter but have jetted stuff for 40 years and it seems fine. I did switch to the quite core as it was too loud without it and would be less lean with the quite core. The extra power is very noticeable. If and when I do airbox mods I will add the fueler then.
What are the air box mods you talking about

R

Random

Jun 18, 2017
Bloomington IN
Ownership

1. 700-2
A free mod on any motor is to open up the air box so it flows more air been done for years, Easiest way was just drill a lot of holes in the lid but on a utv not the smartest thing to do. Any changes from a free flowing filter to straitening the tract to poking holes will increase the flow. In my experience airbox changes are for more likely to require jetting changes as exhaust mods alone. I have seen some snorkel kits claim increased flow. At this point I have left my intake alone and was impressed with just the exhaust side mods.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!