BOX1

Big red engine tick...need advice.

B

BDC

Jun 15, 2018
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
There is a dealer here is advertising a big red with the 675 engine...2013. Says there is a tick like a cam lobe or arm. What are your thoughts? Are there plenty of available parts to fix. The price seems very reasonable...

YardDog

YardDog

Grumpy ol' fart
Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I agree with @JTW . Parts might be easy to find and the price might seem good. But do you want to ride a rig or work on a rig. I'm thinking you'd be buying someone else's problem they traded in to the dealer.

Reactions: Plumber32 and JTW
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Google "Rincon tick". That engine is notorious for it. Consensus is that it's the decompression device or sometimes the cam chain tensioner. Could just need a valve adjustment. Or could be about to explode!

Kinda have to listen to it and make a judgement call.

Reactions: Plumber32
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the input. I thought headache myself, but for 5000 less than I have found one...I thought maybe.
If it's free go for it. The dealer should fix it.

jawquin

jawquin

Oct 24, 2015
Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Talon R
There is a dealer here is advertising a big red with the 675 engine...2013. Says there is a tick like a cam lobe or arm. What are your thoughts? Are there plenty of available parts to fix. The price seems very reasonable...
Hi, That's a great price. Other than the tick you may want to add back panel to knock dust down. It's a bargain with all the add ons and the Big Red is a workhorse. Good Luck.

Welcome to the forum.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!